I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 5 running stock android 6.0.1 and I am not using any task killer app or package disabler pro. I recently turned on the "wifi-calling" feature and everything seemed to be fine for a day. Then everything internet related didn't work when my phone was connected to wifi. I turned off the wifi and everything works fine through Verizon lte. And yes I have tried all the troubleshooting options and eliminated other causes (checked home internet connection, checked to see if it was my home modem/router problem, checked if my phone's ip was being blocked, "forgot" the wifi networks and reconnected again). I even restarted the phone in "safe mode" and the same problem persisted, nothing internet related works with wifi on. Finally I freaking "backup & reset" the phone, everything was fine for a day but as soon as I turned wifi-calling on (because I need it with the bad signal in my home), the problem came back! Please help! (And thanks for reading my big essay)
    10-21-2016 10:25 PM
    Is Smart Network Switch turned on or off (in Settings>Wi-fi, then Menu>Advanced)? Try turning it off. (I've often found that anything labeled "Smart" isn't very.)
    brau0303 likes this.
    10-22-2016 08:51 AM
    Nope, "Smart Network Switch" is off, I have never used it anyways because wifi is great at home, but unfortunetly right now I can't have wifi on for anything internet related to work. Has anyone else noticed the same problem I have? Has anyone actually had wifi-calling on the Verizon Note 5 work right?
    10-22-2016 02:52 PM
    I got the issue taken care of, got a Replacement Device from Verizon and everything is working fine now. I also had a problem with "Fast Wireless Charging" not working (normal wireless charging worked fine), which also is solved now. The Replacement Note 5 I got is a newer device (according to the date next to the IMEI number in the back). Unfortunately I had to pay a price for it, because my 1 year warranty time ended!!

I only decided to get the replacement after I did a "Factory Data Reset" (didn't solve both issues), and after Verizon representative instructed me though a "Verizon Software Repair Assistant" procedure that wiped the phone and loaded an image of the android from Verizon (also didn't solve the issues).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-01-2016 09:48 PM
    Sounds like you did everything you could -- glad the replacement is working fine!
    11-02-2016 10:24 AM