Will the Note 7 S-Pen fit in the Note 5 Slot?

RogueRunner

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm sending my Note 7 back and getting the Note 5 (I never owned a Note before my 7) and am wondering if I can keep my finer-point S-pen from the Note 7 to fit in my note 5? I don't want to stick it in there and get it stuck or something. Anyone tried that?

Thanks
John

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I am told that the N7 s-pen will fit but it's a bit shorter and slightly thinner, I would keep the N7 s-pen as a memento but not use it in the N5. (due to N7 version being shorter/thinner, you would likely have it get stuck or have it fall out)
1.note-7-and-note-5-s-pen.jpg

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

RogueRunner

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
So - as I understand it - the tips are replaceable... wonder if I can put the thinner note 7 tip in the note 5 s-pen. That's probably not as risky of a test as putting in the 7 s-pen into the phone.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
So - as I understand it - the tips are replaceable... wonder if I can put the thinner note 7 tip in the note 5 s-pen. That's probably not as risky of a test as putting in the 7 s-pen into the phone.
Don't remember which thread i read it in but other people were doing this and loved it with the 7 tip.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Note 5 today as a replacement for my Note 7. Changed out the tip and it works great. Sad to be saying goodbye to my Note 7. :(

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Does the Note 7s finer tip work any better than the traditional Note 5 S Pen top?
I like it. Maybe because I'm used to the tip from the Note 7 now. I have both tips so I can switch back and forth to see the difference. I'll check back and let you know after a couple of days.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't think k it's right to keep the Spen when you have to return the phone. You might very well get charged for it
What are you talking about? I'm referring to the tips, not the pen. But, if you watch the video of how to send back the Note 7 device, they don't want any of the accessories, just the phone. They plan to destroy them. But, if all I get from this debacle is a useless SPen then I wouldn't feel bad at all.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't think k it's right to keep the Spen when you have to return the phone. You might very well get charged for it
I kept my spen, chargers, USB cables, spen tips, and headphones one all 3 of my note 7's. They don't want those back, it's just more stuff they would have to dispose. All they needed back was the phone itself.

It was a recalled phone. Not a buyer's remorse purchase. Nothing wrong at all for keeping the goodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21