I am no longer receiving any notification sounds when I get a text message. I went in and checked all my settings and they are at full volume and there are sounds associated with everything. Anyone have any suggestions
    11-03-2016 10:38 AM
    Did you try rebooting your device?
    11-03-2016 11:07 AM
    I noticed that when the messaging app is up on the screen, it won't notify of new messages. Which is a little rough since I leave my phone on my desk, and even though the screen is left on, I'm not always looking at it. If that's not what's happening to you, a restart should clear that up.
    11-04-2016 02:41 AM
    I noticed that when the messaging app is up on the screen, it won't notify of new messages. Which is a little rough since I leave my phone on my desk, and even though the screen is left on, I'm not always looking at it. If that's not what's happening to you, a restart should clear that up.
    This is an old bug that everyone complained about some time ago. It's made that way for some reason. If the app is open, you get no notification. Three notification ONLY happens when the app is closed. And yes, I've missed messages for that same reason. Get a message, respond, set the phone down, check it 10 minutes later and find 4 missed messages. Why? Who knows. And yes, I wished they'd fix that.
    11-04-2016 11:22 PM
    This is an old bug that everyone complained about some time ago. It's made that way for some reason. If the app is open, you get no notification. Three notification ONLY happens when the app is closed. And yes, I've missed messages for that same reason. Get a message, respond, set the phone down, check it 10 minutes later and find 4 missed messages. Why? Who knows. And yes, I wished they'd fix that.
    It's not a bug, it's more by design, to prevent it from dinging a lot if you're having a quick back and forth conversation. The thinking was, if you're looking at it, we don't need to ding. Although I wish the stock app would give us the choice if we want to be alerted or not when we're "looking at it".
    11-05-2016 12:05 AM
    I use Google Messenger. Never had an issue. Plus I like the layout and functionality.
    11-05-2016 09:16 AM
    I use Handcent, it dings for each text and you can customize it to your needs.
    11-05-2016 06:49 PM
    It's not a bug, it's more by design, to prevent it from dinging a lot if you're having a quick back and forth conversation. The thinking was, if you're looking at it, we don't need to ding. Although I wish the stock app would give us the choice if we want to be alerted or not when we're "looking at it".
    Totally agree. Put a choice in and I'm on board.
    11-06-2016 08:48 AM