Unable to update software on AT&T Note5

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello way back in June before Marshmallow was released I flashed the stock marshmallow rom and I keep getting software is up to date every time I try to update my software. Here's the version I am on right now. 1478268025329.jpg

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried flashing the official MM release for the 920A via Odin, Also do you have things removed or disabled? the OTA updated will typically fail if the system check it does does not return the result it's expecting to see. there are various packages out there so you should be able to find it.

Also, Not sure where you are, if you are someplace that has Best Buy, they usually have a Samsung shop and the Samsung people are usually very helpful (Including having the ability to flash your phone to whatever the current official firmware is)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Last edited:

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried flashing the official MM release for the 920A via Odin, Also do you have things removed or disabled? the OTA updated will typically fail if the system check it does does not return the result it's expecting to see. there are various packages out there so you should be able to find it.

Also, Not sure where you are, if you are someplace that has Best Buy, they usually have a Samsung shop and the Samsung people are usually very helpful (Including having the ability to flash your phone to whatever the current official firmware is)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7
I believe so before AT&T released it publicly so I may have to flash the 5.1 firmware when I get back from town. Yup, there is a Best Buy in my town

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe so before AT&T released it publicly so I may have to flash the 5.1 firmware when I get back from town. Yup, there is a Best Buy in my town
Could it have been a pre-release and not the final build that went out as the OTA update? if so then the build number would be different than the current update is looking for and would fail the check. (sorry but i'm not as familiar with the builds that the N5 had because I went from an Note Edge to the N7 then to the N5)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay