I have a Galaxy Note 5, and ever since yesterday I've started seen lines across the screen. This includes green and pink lines, and the normal colors changed. I turned it off and let it rest for sometime. When I used it (outside) it was fine, but when I walked into my house the same thing happened. I found out that if I put the brightness all the way up, or all the way down, the lines go away (except for some very thin ones). Also when I shake up the phone I can hear something inside, like something is loose. How can I fix this? Please help!
    11-05-2016 06:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27639

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    11-06-2016 12:09 AM
    I already tried this and it didn't work. I also performed a hard reset and the problem persists. Any other ideas? I honestly think it has something to do with the sound. I can hear something loose inside the phone.
    11-06-2016 12:28 AM
    If it still happens in Safe Mode, then chances are it's a hardware problem. The sound you hear could possibly be due to a broken or loose component, but it's also common to hear a faint rattling noise from the camera lens (typically the autofocus mechanism). I'd suggest bringing it to a repair shop (or, if you're bold, I'm sure there are plenty of teardown videos on YouTube that you could follow).
    11-06-2016 01:07 AM
    Depends on whether you have insurance. If so, I'd go to the carrier ASAP. If not, I would still go. Have seen alot of phones replaced just because the customer was 'a pain in the ***' (I say that in a nice way).
    11-06-2016 12:43 PM
    Depending on when you bought it, your phone could still be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. I'd contact the carrier or retailer from where you got it and request a replacement because of the display issue. I'd likely not mention the rattle.
    11-06-2016 01:20 PM