I did a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and ended up with "This device was reset to continue, sign in with a Google account previously synced on this device." message. When trying to sign in, it loops back to my login and tells me to use an account previously used on this device.

It is running android 6.0.1. I have been using it for almost a year now.

Very frustrating. I did not ask Google to treat my phone like Fort Knox. If I want it to be like Fort Knox, I will set it up that way.

Please help. How do I fix this?

11-06-2016 04:32 PM
    Read this: Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central
    and this: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6172890?hl=en

Was your Google account setup with 2-Step Verification? You need to sign into the phone with a gmail account which was used on the phone previously. If you had 2-Step Verification enabled, you will need to log into your Google account on a PC and respond to the prompts that you should receive there when you try to access your phone.
    11-06-2016 04:50 PM
    As to the "why?" because law enforcement agencies have demanded device manufacturers provide this form of protection as a means to cut down/eliminate theft of smartphones and other devices.

Unfortunately, unless you can successfully log into your phone, it is essentially bricked and worthless.
    11-06-2016 04:55 PM
    However, I did find this: 2 Ways to Bypass Factory Reset Protection on Samsung devices

I would be interested to know if you try and how it works out...
    Kyle Bailey1 likes this.
    11-06-2016 04:59 PM