Charge Master

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I just set my Note 5 on my charging stand a few minutes ago and a message came on the screen asking me to enable "Charge Master" so I can get live news feed while charging my phone. I haven't installed this app, and the message said "This function contains ads," and I was wondering if anyone else had this happen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Clean Master or any other cleaner/battery booster app installed in your phone? If so, disable it temporarily and see if the problem persists.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Clean Master or any other cleaner/battery booster app installed in your phone? If so, disable it temporarily and see if the problem persists.

No. The notification hasn't come up since that one time, but I'll check out a couple of recent apps to see if it has anything to do with them. Thanks.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto X Pure Edition and starting a few days ago when I plug in the charger I get a system alert and a pop-up saying "Enable Chargemaster to avoid overcharging."

Um, wtf? I thought you couldn't really overcharge, and I never downloaded an app called Chargemaster. What is this?

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No. The notification hasn't come up since that one time, but I'll check out a couple of recent apps to see if it has anything to do with them. Thanks.

Did you ever find an app with the issue? I just got the pop up as well.

Edit** Using a pixel XL and dont have anything suspicious installed. Mainly mainstream apps.

Last edited:

whatsup1

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I just set my Note 5 on my charging stand a few minutes ago and a message came on the screen asking me to enable "Charge Master" so I can get live news feed while charging my phone. I haven't installed this app, and the message said "This function contains ads," and I was wondering if anyone else had this happen.

This happened to me today on my pixel phone and it was generated from an app called Photo Grid: Photo Collage Maker. It said "Enable Charge Master to prevent over charging!". Uninstalling the app removed the notification.

Matthew Tringali

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Same issue. Following this thread hoping someone smarter than me figures out why. I have Droid Turbo 2. Seems to only happen at night when I put it on Samsung wireless charger.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Also make sure you have DT Ignite disabled in your apps if you have it.. i thi k its just a verizon thing but it allows them to install apps and ads w out your permission.

It sounds like maybe there is an antivirus app or something that is causing the prompt. Some music downloaders cause things like this too.

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me today on my pixel phone and it was generated from an app called Photo Grid: Photo Collage Maker. It said "Enable Charge Master to prevent over charging!". Uninstalling the app removed the notification.

Came here to say the same thing. The same app was the root of my notification. It's Photo Grid: Photo Collage Maker by Cheetah Mobile Inc (RoidApp). Not sure if they have more apps, but I'm assuming if they do, they're doing similar BS with that as well.

bcinu

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Nexus 5X last night. After doing some searches this morning and finding nothing, I plugged in my phone and started looking at the news feed screen that came up. Turns out there was a settings button, and a PhotoGrid app logo in the top status bar. PhotoGrid gave me the option to disable the Charge Master feature, but I decided I did not need an app that was going to include this kind of "feature" so I just removed it. If you don't have the PhotoGrid app, perhaps there are other that are being paid to include this new garbage feature.

DrewKelly94KX

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting this too on my Galaxy S6!

Where is it coming from?!?!?

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Damn. I really like Photo Grid. Anyway to disable it or do I need to completely uninstall the app to get rid of the Charge Master notification?

Brandybb

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Same issue happening to me with the Photo Grid app, except it continues to engage the "charge master" setting even after I turn it off in the settings menu. The frustrating thing is that my phone didn't fully charge last night while i slept and I only can assume it was because the stupid charge master thing was running the whole time. I think the only way to fully resolve the issue in my case is to completely remove the app. Way to go, Photo Grid developers!

hangtenboy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Photo Grid is installed on my phone as well. I never really used the app, but now that I know it's going to try to trick me to DL some worthless app, I will be deleting it and placing a review on Google Play store about this. I suggest others do the same! :)

CaraCM

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I just realized it through the app I use to make collages, Photo Grid.

EDIT: just noticed this has already been pointed out. Oops.
redface.png

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I just realized it through the app I use to make collages, Photo Grid.

EDIT: just noticed this has already been pointed out. Oops. http://forums.androidcentral.com/images/smilies/redface.png

Thanks to those who pointed out it was photo grid.

Pushing adverts like this which are not immidiately obvious they are adverts is not ok, especially when it preys on the non tech-savvy with BS like "enable to prevent overcharging" there is no such thing. This is equivalent to the malware on your PC that pretends you have a virus to make you install adware.

Please make sure you make Photo grid well aware of how unacceptable this is by leaving them a 1 star review on the play store.

Lavamantis

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

Yes, this is it. The app is kind of good tho, so I kept it installed and just disabled it's notifications.