went back to my Note 5

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
As much as i love the s7 edge, even though it wasnt as good as my note7, i missed having a note so much that i got my note5 back from one of my kids.

I will miss the awesome battery life the s7edge provides, but i love having the s pen back. I also like having a flat screen again, i realize that will change with the note8 or whatever it will be called but i will enjoy it for now.

I did a factory data reset and set it up like new, and so far no issues except this particular note5 has never liked wireless chargers.. the only two i have are the flat and angled samsung fast charger. The flat is hit or miss and the angled charger only works w no case at all on it.

Anyway, just thought i would share that as awesome as the s7 edge is, it still isn't a note... hope next next brings us something like the note7 in a more sturdy version.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Not the edge 7 fan. Had while waitin6on the now defunct replacement Note7.
It lagged ran hot. Screen too curved to my liking.
Got Note5 when replacement was recalled. 32gig temporarily using. My 64gig is on back order. I really like the Note5

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Had a Note 5 for 13 days recently. Not a bad phone, not a bad phone at all.

The thing about the 5 was it was the first note to not have a removable battery (and was smaller) and no sd card. Aside from that the note5 was and is awesome. The note7 fixed those issues but didnt last long.

Even though im not a fan of the edge screen on a note i could live w it on the 7 because everything else was on point.

Having been using the note 5 again the last few days i find myself using the spen a lot because i have always liked it..

My only worry is the battery making it through a long shift at work.. i am coming home in the morning with between 30 and 40 percent battery where the note 7 and s7 edge i was between 60 and 70.

I have 10,200 mah samsung fast charge pack i am carrying n my work car, because i am not used to letting the battery get below 50 percent "just in case".

But for me the 5 is still a good choice if a person wanted to buy a note and doesn't want to wait and see what next year brings.

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I also returned back to at&t note 5. On a whim and thinking we were saving money. We did a 30 day trial switched to sprint and tried 2 S7 edges. While edge technology is nice I badly missed my bigger phone. Yesterday we ran the numbers and we better off at at&t. So glad to have my note back. Note 5 are becoming expanse and harder to find. So think about it before you let it go. Sprint has less bloatware, but video calling as standard and less phone choices. After switch back, wife moved upgraded from S4 to S7 Edge. We both happy with decision. Oh also found a company that replaces batteries for 60.00. Will look at reviews for company before recommending. Good to be back wide and flat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon