I love everything about the Note 5 except the battery life. When I had the Note 7 I used it exactly the same way as I do my 5. On the Note 7 I would easily get 4. 5hours or more of screen on time. With the Note 5 if I get 3 hours then my battery is at 5% or less. And if I have phone calls in the morning using a Bluetooth headset I'll be at 30% by noon.

Has anyone here had the battery in their Note 5 replaced? If so, how much did it cost and where did you do it? And finally, is it worth it?

Thanks.
    11-25-2016 09:39 AM
    I'm contemplating ordering an OEM battery and doing it myself. I'd kill to get 3 hours screen on time.

Mike
    11-26-2016 09:59 AM
    I'm contemplating ordering an OEM battery and doing it myself. I'd kill to get 3 hours screen on time.

Mike
    Trust me, if I ever get 3 hours screen time it's because I've been using apps that don't use the Internet that much and have pure black backgrounds. Things like Kindle, BaconReader (for Reddit), Talon, etc. If I do primarily that then I can get 3 hours. If I try to browse the web I won't get near that.

I wasn't planning on trying to do the replacement myself but I'll watch the video. Thanks for the link. Any idea on the cost of the new battery?
    11-26-2016 10:37 AM
    I like to have my battery replaced as well but that process is not something I want to attempt. The link has a replacement battery and tools for someone willing to attempt it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Battery Replacement

I bought a battery replacement for the Note 8.0 tablet from that retailer. They are legit.
    11-26-2016 10:41 AM
    I replaced the battery and regret I wasted the money as I didn't see any improvement from what I was getting before.
    11-26-2016 10:58 PM
    I replaced the battery and regret I wasted the money as I didn't see any improvement from what I was getting before.
    That's exactly my concern and why I made the post. I don't want to pay what I assume is $50-100 for the battery and services for someone to replace it and have it be exactly the same. If it was cheap I'd do it but I'm sure it won't be.

Guess I'll have to wait until the next Note. The battery on the Note 7 was perfect for me so hopefully the next iteration will be even better.
    11-27-2016 10:14 AM
    I'm getting the battery replaced in my Note 5 and will let you know if it helps. I agree that the battery is not great and I have used Greenify and a Mophie battery pack to help keep my Note 5 operational beyond the 5 hours I get without it. Makes the phone a bit bulkier but it works, which is the whole purpose of having it.
    12-01-2016 08:33 PM
    I'm getting the battery replaced in my Note 5 and will let you know if it helps. I agree that the battery is not great and I have used Greenify and a Mophie battery pack to help keep my Note 5 operational beyond the 5 hours I get without it. Makes the phone a bit bulkier but it works, which is the whole purpose of having it.
    Have you found Greenify to make any difference? I tried it a while back and it never found anything to put to sleep and even when I put some to sleep manually it didn't make a difference. I'd love to hear if you've been able to make it work better.

Also looking forward to hearing how it went with a battery replacement.
    12-02-2016 05:31 PM
    Checking in - did you get your battery replaced yet? Curious how it's gone for you.
    12-07-2016 06:27 AM
    So how is the replacement battery for the Note 8 working out.
    The description from Repairs Universe is that both batteries they sell for Note 8 tablet and Note 5 phone are used.
    While replacing batteries is a bit annoying, I am hesitant to go through the process for a used battery.
    Anyone find quality new batteries for the Note 5 anywhere?
    12-13-2016 10:56 AM
    Checking in to see if you ever got your battery replaced in your Note 5. Did it help?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    12-28-2016 11:11 AM