Ok, I started out with the standard Samsung calendar app. Had no problems with it. Synced with my Google calendar on my pc with no problem. Then suddenly, my notifications stopped. I tested it by creating an event in an hour, set notification for 45 minutes and it would go off. Set it for the next day, or next week, nothing. So I switched to the Google calendar app. Worked great. For 2 weeks. Now it gives no notifications. I can test it the same way and I get notified. But again, over a day later, nothing. Almost missed an appointment because no notification.
    Note 5, running latest OS. Any ideas?
    11-28-2016 01:54 PM
    Any power-saving modes turned on? If so, and if it's affecting the calendar apps, it might be preventing them from working in the background to serve up the notification.
    11-28-2016 04:29 PM
    Hadn't thought off that... So I went back and checked. No power saving mode set. One of the notifications that failed to come though was early AM and the battery was at least 90%. I've been testing again this afternoon. Every event I logged in the calendar came through with the notification as it was suppose to. I've changed notification sounds. Works for short time tests. I have an event scheduled for Wednesday AM. So I'll see it out comes through. I hate these random mix ups. If I could replicate the error, I could chase it down. Grrrrr. Lol
    11-28-2016 04:37 PM
    How about any 3rd party battery saver apps, or other "phone cleaner" apps like Clean Master? Those kinds of apps often do stuff like this in an effort to conserve power (without letting you know that it often impacts functionality).
    11-28-2016 05:42 PM
    Battery HD, which says it's a monitor program only. Nothing stated about conserving power. Also avast and malwarebytes. I have ccleaner installed also.
    If it was just one app that I had the problem with, I'd write it off as a bug and change apps. But two with the same bug?
    I'm thinking about uninstalling all of them and see what the results are.
    11-29-2016 10:39 AM
    Do you have any custom notification settings that could affect this or possibly on your Google Acct settings?

RIP N7
    11-29-2016 11:28 AM
    Nothing found on Google + as to custom notifications. Google calendar shows that notifications have permissions. What gets me is that I can test by setting an event 2 hours in the future and get a notification, but one set for 2 days away, or a month away won't come through.
    Let me ask this for they people that use the calendar more... Would it make a difference if some of these events are repeat events? Enter one that repeats weekly until X date? The initial date had notifications set up, and the repeats also have it listed. If one fails to sound, I check and it shows that there is a notification set for it that never sounded. I even had one sound 2 hours AFTER the event.
    11-29-2016 11:47 AM
    I use the native calendar app and have for several years, it has always worked just fine. You might try removing all updates to it in the app manager and let it reload the updates. Maybe something didn't setup right. I'm just spit-balling here.
    11-29-2016 07:31 PM
    Lots of good advice. I played with the settings, experimented a lot, set a lot of tests that worked each time. I have an appointment this morning and set the reminder to sound one hour before and it went off on time. So I might have gotten whatever it was fixed. I think it was in the phone settings because both the built in app and the downloaded app were doing the same thing. So let's see if it'll continue to work.
    Thanks people. Lots of good advice.
    Bob31464 and B. Diddy like this.
    11-30-2016 08:51 AM