After the Note 7 issue, I got a Note 5 refurbished during a black Friday Groupon sale. One of my favorite features of the Note 7 was how amazing the screen resisted fingerprints and oil without having a screen protector on, as I usually prefer not to apply a screen protector on my phones. While the Note 5 screen is very nice as well, it tends to collect more fingerprints/oil than my Note 7. So while I don't usually get screen protectors, I was debating possibly getting one in hopes to make fingerprints/oil virtually non existent like the Note 7, but not sure what type to get. I have a few questions and keep in mind I treat my phone like a sacred relic, the actual scratch resistance I'm not sure concerned with, just looking for the best screen protector to eliinate as many fingerprints/oil as possible.

Is a screen stating it has oleophobic coating the main feature I should be looking for, or are there other factors to keep in mind as far as fingerprint/oil resistance ?

Does oleophobic only come on tempered glass protectors ? ........ (I'd prefer a super clear thin/plastic protector as opposed to thick tempered glass if possible)

Anyone have a suggestion on a screen protector you have on your own Note 5 that is a fingerprint/oil terminator ?

Thanks for any replies!
    12-04-2016 11:10 PM
    Tempered glass protector aren't thick. They also offer more protection than a plastic film (they'll shatter instead of your screen), they are also clearer (literally invisible) and smoother to use. Also, they're a LOT harder to scratch and feel natural.

My favorite one is made by Zagg who offer a lifetime warranty on theirs they're also oil resistant.
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    12-05-2016 12:17 AM
    I think any tempered glass screen protector will have some degree of oleophobic coating, but in reality, none will be as good as the actual glass screen on the phone.
    12-05-2016 05:51 AM