Have any of you noticed that the Dec. 2016 update to the T-Mobile Note 5 contains adds everywhere on the phone? Yesterday, I noticed a floating SoundCloud add as an overlay on a couple of my apps and this morning, the same add was floating on my home screen! Has anyone else noticed this??
    12-11-2016 06:24 AM
    Have any of you noticed that the Dec. 2016 update to the T-Mobile Note 5 contains adds everywhere on the phone? Yesterday, I noticed a floating SoundCloud add as an overlay on a couple of my apps and this morning, the same add was floating on my home screen! Has anyone else noticed this??
    Are you sure that's because of the update? It could be an app from play store that may have downloaded after the update.
    DCounts and blackhemi4x4 like this.
    12-11-2016 07:16 AM
    Guaranteed it's an app the OP has installed that is causing the ads. You'll have to figure out what recent apps you have installed and uninstall them one by one till the ads are gone.
    12-11-2016 09:54 AM
    Nothing here on mine.
    12-11-2016 06:26 PM
    Mine is clean too... As mentioned by someone else, there is probably an app installed that is pushing them. Look not only for recently installed apps, but ones that had recent updates (an app
    12-11-2016 07:09 PM
    Mine is clean too... As mentioned by someone else, there is probably an app installed that is pushing them. Look not only for recently installed apps, but ones that had recent updates (an app
    Forgot about updates to apps too. Unfortunately, some devs that offer free apps that are supported by ads will end up updating an app and forcing ads on various places within the OS.
    12-11-2016 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD