Hello I have a 32 GB Note 5 and I have to take video of an up coming family event but I'm at a low storage amount and I need help to transfer all my Oculus Gear VR games and VR programs to my PC, I only have 2 small games outside of the Gear VR that I can just delete and I have not rooted my Note 5 and I don't really want to root it, all I have done to it is to enable "Developer Options". Can someone give me instructions about how to do this if its possible and if this cant be done is there a third party USB storage option that can be plugged into the charging port?
    12-11-2016 06:51 AM
    I just found some cables that can plug a Micro SD Card into the cable with a USB adaptor which would solve my problem but one thing....can I use the Micro SD card to record video to it as its being recorded?
    12-11-2016 07:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can't transfer the actual Android apps to a PC or external storage. Are you concerned about saving your game progress?
    12-12-2016 02:52 AM
    Hello B.Diddy I'm not worried about game progress I just don't want to download all the games and apps in Oculus VR again, is it safe to root my phone is it a possibility to brick it doing it? I ask because I think but I'm not sure that it makes it possible to copy anything from the phone to a PC.
    12-12-2016 06:15 AM
    You still won't be able to move the actual app files to a PC. If you had an SD slot, you could try the ADB hack that lets you format SD cards as Internal Storage on Samsung devices. I doubt this is possible with an external drive (and even if it were, I'd be very hesitant to try it, because it's much easier to inadvertently disconnect an external drive -- which would cause all kinds of crashes if it were somehow formatted as Internal Storage).
    12-12-2016 10:35 AM