Why does it seem the Note 5 never really got the same love from the Android Central community as ather Samsung devices.

Example, there is no accessories and cases section line the forums for Note 4, Note 7, S6, S7, and so forth.

Just an observation and curious.
    12-11-2016 11:32 AM
    Why does it seem the Note 5 never really got the same love from the Android Central community as ather Samsung devices.

Example, there is no accessories and cases section line the forums for Note 4, Note 7, S6, S7, and so forth.

Because of Note 7 came ,
    Now is another story .. Note 5 to me is so hot now .... Can't wait to get mine ... "On the way from Verizon" ...
    12-11-2016 04:01 PM
    Because they got rid of the SD card, the only reason I have a Note 5 is I had to return my Note 7. There's no comparison either, the 7 was in a league of its own.
    12-11-2016 04:31 PM
    Because of Note 7 came ,
    Now is another story .. Note 5 to me is so hot now .... Can't wait to get mine ... "On the way from Verizon" ...
    How. Its been retired. Can't get 64 gig no more abdcwrbsite completely out
    12-11-2016 06:04 PM
    Expandable storage is a bit over rated. You get faster speeds when pulling from memory from the internal storage than you would with any sd card. If portable storage is that important, get a usb stick that is compatible. I thought that would be a major issue for me at first, but with the 64 gb phone, non-issue.

And the original point was not much love long before the note 6 was talked about, and then converted to the note 7 moniker. Just seems like this community looked over the accessories and such in the same form of other phone forums.
    12-11-2016 06:34 PM
    http://www.sammobile.com/2016/11/25/...n-south-korea/
    What I meant was since Note7 is out , Note 5 is the next best thing out there ,
    I can careless about 64 GB version , 32GB is more than enough for me day to day work .
    Beside Samsung will roll out Grace UX update for the Galaxy Note 5 in US very soon

You might have to check out sam's club , last time I was there the guy told me they stil have 64gb note 5 .
    Just don't go directly to Verizon stores .
    12-11-2016 07:03 PM
    Some Verizon stores still have them in stock or stores that sell the cell phones.
    12-11-2016 11:03 PM

I never cared one iota what the naysayers on AC negatively said about the Note 5. All I know is that it's the best phone I've ever used in twenty three years on cellular.

In addition, these same folks who jumped on the bandwagon from the initial get go and raved about the Note 7... and btw, I thought it was an excellent phone (for a while), many have come back, albeit temporarily and some for the long term to the Note 5.

The Note 5 has done all I ask of it and more and there are tricks and functions that I've still not used. Bottom line... for me... great phone!
    12-12-2016 06:49 AM
    I think allot of folks just bypassed the Note 5 until the Note 7 Debacle, then the note 5 started getting attention again because it's a great phone.

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    12-12-2016 10:06 AM
    I never cared one iota what the naysayers on AC negatively said about the Note 5. All I know is that it's the best phone I've ever used in twenty three years on cellular.

In addition, these same folks who jumped on the bandwagon from the initial get go and raved about the Note 7... and btw, I thought it was an excellent phone (for a while), many have come back, albeit temporarily and some for the long term to the Note 5.

The Note 5 has done all I ask of it and more and there are tricks and functions that I've still not used. Bottom line... for me... great phone!
    12-12-2016 12:44 PM
    For me the same story, but only 18 yrs of cells for me. Great phone, actually bought it twice!
    12-12-2016 12:46 PM
    I loved my Note 5. It went into semi retirement when I got my Pixel XL, but then got picked up as a free agent by my fiancee who was previously using my semi retired Note 3
    12-13-2016 11:04 AM
    The reason for the lack of love was the Note 5 was a huge change in design and function from it's predecessors. The complaints are well known. Many condemned it without ever trying out. This is my first Samsung. Moved over from HTC M7 and have been and continue to be impressed. Tried the Note 7 and thw S7 Edge was not impressed enough to upgrade. I will probably keep through the next round of upgrades. IMHO most looked at the Note 5 as a stop Gawande just over looked it until the Note 7 issue. I'm not a fan of edged phones. The problem of fitting tempered glass with a secure case and the sides are vulnerable to damage if dropped. I stick with my 5 for now. Found a shop that will supply and replace battery for 60.00. Much less than new smartphone
    12-14-2016 07:27 AM
    i picked up a note 5 when the first recall for the 7 was announced. The Note 5 is strikingly nice. Easy to hold, smooth as butter. Way under appreciated on release...IMO

It's a non expandable 32gb model, but our dear member Jude526 has pointed out a really good alternative to a built in sd expansion slot. I'm not surprised at all that there has been a heavy run on the Note 5. It's a nice device that's sure to accommodate it's users for at least 3 more years.

I won't be surprised that if/when the Note 8 is released many will just stay with the 5.

As a side note I say "if/when" the Note 8 is released meaning, the next gen Note may not be that much of a technological leap from the 5 in order for it to be a safe device, especially if their "problems" are in the architecture and not the battery. You can expect Samsung to take the most conservative route going forward in order to build back trust.
    12-16-2016 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD