Note 8? Backup Note 5...

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Any word on a note 8 or revamped note 7?

Perfectly happy with my Note 5 but have thought about buying a backup Note 5 since i love it so much. I need the pen so the s7 is nice but would be hard to transition to.

So, trying to decide to wait on next model or buy backup 5....

Thoughts?

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Any word on a note 8 or revamped note 7?

Perfectly happy with my Note 5 but have thought about buying a backup Note 5 since i love it so much. I need the pen so the s7 is nice but would be hard to transition to.

So, trying to decide to wait on next model or buy backup 5....

Thoughts?

If you already have 1 then you should wait for Note 8 or "whatever its called" IMO
Just upgraded my S6 to Note 5 today ... can't wait ...:)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I will hold off. No preordering for me. I will check into all options. Samsung could had manufacturered enough 64 gig Notes to make up for the Note7 issues instead of pushing everyone to get S7 or edge7. I am not a fan of those devices. Prefer Note series.
32 gig will be OK since I purchased an SD reader. Burning a perfect situation I would had received the 64 gig as promised by Verizon.
I feel bad for everyone. No winners in this recall. Lots of money lost by carriers as well.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would they discount a new note 8?

I would guess, their thinking goes along the lines of....
Many folks had to 'downgrade' to N5 after having to turn in their N7. Therefore, those folks should get some 'incentive' or 'compensation', if you will, when one again trying to upgrade to the newest Note series device.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I will hold off. No preordering for me. I will check into all options. Samsung could had manufacturered enough 64 gig Notes to make up for the Note7 issues instead of pushing everyone to get S7 or edge7. I am not a fan of those devices. Prefer Note series.
32 gig will be OK since I purchased an SD reader. Burning a perfect situation I would had received the 64 gig as promised by Verizon.
I feel bad for everyone. No winners in this recall. Lots of money lost by carriers as well.

Yeah ... I'm with you ... will hold on to N5 for a while ..
Let the early birds try out new Note..! first .....:)

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Will hold on to Note 5, maybe get another extended warranty replacement from Verizon (it's like pulling teeth though) when the battery of my hard used Note 5 degrades more...

And if the Note 8 has great reviews, with no battery blow up or any other problems...

And if it's about the same size as the Note 5, I'll probably order the Note 8, as I like the S Pen a lot.

If not, will go back to 5.1 to 5.5 max screen size and get the 'other' best phone on the market.

Quality... not quantity. 😉

Also... Will keep the Note 5 as backup.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Good Lord!!! If all of you are going to "wait for the reviews" on the Note 8 to make sure they're OK, who is going to review them for you??? I'm going to have to pre-order 2 in case one blows up or something... ;-)

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Good Lord!!! If all of you are going to "wait for the reviews" on the Note 8 to make sure they're OK, who is going to review them for you??? I'm going to have to pre-order 2 in case one blows up or something... ;-)

Probably you ... Give us some feed back if you get your hands on new Notes ok ....Kkkk...;)

Last edited:

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Properly you ... Give us some feed back if you get your hands on new Notes ok ....Kkkk...;)

You bet! I'll even do a video review for you with my Note 7... if it doesn't explode by then, it will probably have been cut off the VZW network, but will still be a GREAT video camera / internet device!!!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

What's the problem? 😉 There's a lot of us who don't get ancy, and HAVE TO be the first to try out a phone, and be the first to jump on the forum and tell all our opinion, along with a selfie on FB or Instagram. 🙄

After the frenzy with the Note 7, I would think more folks would... be patient.

Just had to share... 😊

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
What's the problem? ?????? There's a lot of us who don't get ancy, and HAVE TO be the first to try out a phone, and be the first to jump on the forum and tell all our opinion, along with a selfie on FB or Instagram. ??????

There's also a lot of us who settle in with a phone for the duration... two to three years. As opposed to those whose long term perspective is the time till the next 'hot' phone comes to the market. We tend to read the reviews and actually, be patient and make a decision, rather than jumping on the bandwagon of emotion.

After the frenzy with the Note 7, I would think more folks would... be patient.

Just had to share... ??????

No problem! :) more of a tongue-in-cheek statement, as I fall into the "No way will there be anything wrong with their next phone - they just can't afford any mistakes" category.

But, lots of people on this forum tend to be ones who want to get it quick, so I just thought it was a bit funny how many people are waiting...

Now, I had my Note 4 for almost 2 years before the Note 7. Quite a jump, for me anyway! But I'd had the Note 2 & Note 3, and before that I had either an S2 or an S3, and I had that one for almost 2 years I think.

So, sometimes if I really like a phone, it will stay with me more than a year. If it wasn't for the whole blowing up thing, I loved the Note 7 enough to have kept it for 2 years!

So, I can be patient... kind of... sometimes... OK, I'm not patient at all!!! But my history with Samsung having been happy with every phone I've ever had up until the Note 7 (which I still am looking for a replacement for...) makes me less nervous to get a phone quickly... a Samsung phone anyway.

Always have that return window, too... which I just used on a couple of v20's... one back to Big Red, and one back to B&H.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I will preorder as well. I ain't scared. Samsung took care of their customers and they would again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12