Note 5 FRP LOCK ON- custom binary locked SM-N920W8

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
One of my friends was trying to root his note 5 and got it bricked...when it boots up it displays custom binary locked..tried different methods and cant get around it...cant't get the serial number...he took a picture of the box and sent me the info...but nowhere does it show the serial #.

Getting Custom (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock when trying to flash TWRP with ODIN.

Your help would be appreciate it.

Thanks

Virgilio Lagua

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
SAMSUNG did not know how to fix it neither! So my Note 5 is a paper weight at this point and to remind me not to buy new Samsung devices with new Android OS. Apparently when the device goes into Factory Reset Protection mode, you are SOL. So if anybody in this FORUM knows how to unblock it please public instructions. Thank you....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
SAMSUNG did not know how to fix it neither! So my Note 5 is a paper weight at this point and to remind me not to buy new Samsung devices with new Android OS. Apparently when the device goes into Factory Reset Protection mode, you are SOL. So if anybody in this FORUM knows how to unblock it please public instructions. Thank you....

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you're talking about the same issue as the OP of this thread? The "Custom Recovery blocked by FRP Lock" issue is different from factory resetting a phone without first properly removing the Google account. That has to be done in order for the reset to be considered authorized. Otherwise, Google's Factory Reset Protection will kick in, and after the reset is done, it will prompt the user to enter the previous Google account's name and password. This is meant to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and doing a simple factory reset to make it their own, but legitimate owners can also run into this problem if they buy the phone used from a private seller, and the seller didn't properly remove their Google account before doing the factory reset.