01-10-2017 01:17 PM
29 12
tools
    So I got a T-Mobile update a few days ago. Ever since my fingerprint scanner only works maybe one out of five or six times...if that. I just got locked out of my phone again. First it locks me out for 30 seconds then it's like a minute and then it just went to five minutes. It worked fine before this last update. Anyone else have a problem with the scanner since the update? Thanks
    acles003 likes this.
    12-16-2016 04:53 PM
    I had to disable the fingerprint scanner as it was acting up. No problem... now use four digit pin. Works great. No looking back.
    12-16-2016 07:45 PM
    I'm having the same issues, but I am on Verizon. Just started after the recent update. It's driving me nuts as the the fingerprint scanner used to be so quick and it worked every time. My also locks me out the same as yours, very frustrating.
    12-16-2016 08:46 PM
    Yes very frustrating....it had worked fine.
    12-16-2016 10:17 PM
    Mine also started acting up after this last update. It got to the point that it wouldn't let me in my phone. So I used my 4 digit pin, went into settings, disabled the fingerprint security. Now, I just use my 4 digit pin. None of the usual fixes worked, restarting the phone, clearing the cache, simulated battery pull. My husband also has the note 5, I got the update before he did. Mine started failing right away. He got the update a week later and his started doing the same thing.
    12-16-2016 11:26 PM
    I had to disable the fingerprint scanner as it was acting up. No problem... now use four digit pin. Works great. No looking back.

Totally agree. Wifey got locked out of her phone after the fingerprint scanner failed to work. Had to bring it to the store and they had to reset it.... big PITA. The technology is just not there yet.
    12-17-2016 08:38 AM
    Same issues with finger print scanner on my AT&T Note 5. It's a hassle typing in my password all the time.
    12-17-2016 07:31 PM
    Try retraining your prints. Also, verify the button is clean.

I've had zero issues with my note 5's.
    jlost likes this.
    12-18-2016 08:42 AM
    Try retraining your prints. Also, verify the button is clean.

I've had zero issues with my note 5's.
    Do this. Also, make two prints of the same finger. Like if you use your left thumb, do it once and add it again. That's how i get it to work 99% of the time.
    12-18-2016 10:40 AM
    Verizon variant. Fingerprint issues as well since last update.
    12-18-2016 05:47 PM
    Same here, on Verizon and since last update fingerprint doesn't register more than it does. Somebody stated the technology isn't here yet, but was almost 100% prior to update - so it has to be a software issue due to a faulty update file.
    12-18-2016 07:18 PM
    In my case, I actually did the same finger 4 times so I wouldn't have any problems. And I didn't, until this last update.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-18-2016 09:50 PM
    Same problem here on Verizon ever since the recent update. A total pain, countless retries to unlock via fingerprint and then the phone locks up for 30 seconds. Does anyone know if Samsung is aware of this?
    12-18-2016 11:12 PM
    I have an AT&T Note5 and have no issue. It must be Verizon's update.
    12-19-2016 07:26 AM
    The only thing I notice lately that whenever It restart or turn Off/on ,
    I can not use finger print..
    There is a message saying i have to log in with pin first ....?
    After I log in with Pins , the Finger print works fine .
    which never happened before ...?

Anyone has this ...?
    12-19-2016 12:11 PM
    I didn't like it on the Note 7. Didn't work well for me. Haven't tried on the Note 5 for that very reason. I use 4 digit PIN and prefer it. Until the fingerprint scanner is flawless won't use
    12-19-2016 12:17 PM
    After I log in with Pins , after that Finger prtint works fine .

Anyone has this ...?
    Been like this on my Sprint note 5 ever since marshmallow update.
    12-19-2016 12:29 PM
    I mean it is pretty flawless on my Note 5 so i would give it a try and if it doesn't work than at least you tried.
    12-19-2016 12:29 PM
    So I am the original poster...... I have T-Mobile not Verizon. My fingerprint scanner got slightly better ...sometimes. Today it has been finicky and it just locked me out again for 10 minutes. Until this latest update it was working 95% of the time. Now it's more like 20% of the time.
    12-21-2016 06:17 PM
    So I am the original poster...... I have T-Mobile not Verizon. My fingerprint scanner got slightly better ...sometimes. Today it has been finicky and it just locked me out again for 10 minutes. Until this latest update it was working 95% of the time. Now it's more like 20% of the time.
    Base on the inputs from all users , I don't think it maters who the carrier is rather the phone itself ..

Try to clear and disable your fingers print function ... reboot and enter finger print again ...
    This time use the point fingers and touch slightly ..
    It works perfectly for me ....
    12-21-2016 07:22 PM
    I had the same problem, on T-Mobile as well. I just deleted all existing fingerprints and set it up again. Works like before, which I was very happy with.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    12-28-2016 09:31 AM
    Yes I've deleted and re-done the fingerprints three or four times now. Now I'm about 50-50 for it working maybe slightly better. I also have a passcode set instead of the password which was longer.
    01-01-2017 01:33 PM
    I prefer using PIN
    01-01-2017 03:21 PM
    Same here, on Verizon and since last update fingerprint doesn't register more than it does. Somebody stated the technology isn't here yet, but was almost 100% prior to update - so it has to be a software issue due to a faulty update file.
    Agree. It worked 100% for me before the update.

Tmobile and fingerprint issues.
    01-02-2017 12:26 PM
    After I log in with Pins , after that Finger prtint works fine .

Anyone has this ...?
    Mine use to say swipe, now it says pin. I've ignored both and used the fingerprint. This time, however, doesn't work as well as before. I have about 4 settings for my right thumb.
    01-02-2017 12:28 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD