Fingerprint scanner issues

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got a T-Mobile update a few days ago. Ever since my fingerprint scanner only works maybe one out of five or six times...if that. I just got locked out of my phone again. First it locks me out for 30 seconds then it's like a minute and then it just went to five minutes. It worked fine before this last update. Anyone else have a problem with the scanner since the update? Thanks

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to disable the fingerprint scanner as it was acting up. No problem... now use four digit pin. Works great. No looking back.

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues, but I am on Verizon. Just started after the recent update. It's driving me nuts as the the fingerprint scanner used to be so quick and it worked every time. My also locks me out the same as yours, very frustrating.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Mine also started acting up after this last update. It got to the point that it wouldn't let me in my phone. So I used my 4 digit pin, went into settings, disabled the fingerprint security. Now, I just use my 4 digit pin. None of the usual fixes worked, restarting the phone, clearing the cache, simulated battery pull. My husband also has the note 5, I got the update before he did. Mine started failing right away. He got the update a week later and his started doing the same thing.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I had to disable the fingerprint scanner as it was acting up. No problem... now use four digit pin. Works great. No looking back.

Totally agree. Wifey got locked out of her phone after the fingerprint scanner failed to work. Had to bring it to the store and they had to reset it.... big PITA. The technology is just not there yet.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Same issues with finger print scanner on my AT&T Note 5. It's a hassle typing in my password all the time.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Try retraining your prints. Also, verify the button is clean.

I've had zero issues with my note 5's.
Do this. Also, make two prints of the same finger. Like if you use your left thumb, do it once and add it again. That's how i get it to work 99% of the time.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Same here, on Verizon and since last update fingerprint doesn't register more than it does. Somebody stated the technology isn't here yet, but was almost 100% prior to update - so it has to be a software issue due to a faulty update file.

smrdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on Verizon ever since the recent update. A total pain, countless retries to unlock via fingerprint and then the phone locks up for 30 seconds. Does anyone know if Samsung is aware of this?

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I notice lately that whenever It restart or turn Off/on ,
I can not use finger print..
There is a message saying i have to log in with pin first ....?
After I log in with Pins , the Finger print works fine .
which never happened before ...?

Anyone has this ...?

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like it on the Note 7. Didn't work well for me. Haven't tried on the Note 5 for that very reason. I use 4 digit PIN and prefer it. Until the fingerprint scanner is flawless won't use

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I notice lately that whenever It restart or turn Off/on ,
I can not use finger print..
There is a message saying i have to log in with pin first ....?
After I log in with Pins , after that Finger prtint works fine .
which never happened before ...?

Anyone has this ...?
Been like this on my Sprint note 5 ever since marshmallow update.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I mean it is pretty flawless on my Note 5 so i would give it a try and if it doesn't work than at least you tried.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I am the original poster...... I have T-Mobile not Verizon. My fingerprint scanner got slightly better ...sometimes. Today it has been finicky and it just locked me out again for 10 minutes. Until this latest update it was working 95% of the time. Now it's more like 20% of the time.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
So I am the original poster...... I have T-Mobile not Verizon. My fingerprint scanner got slightly better ...sometimes. Today it has been finicky and it just locked me out again for 10 minutes. Until this latest update it was working 95% of the time. Now it's more like 20% of the time.

Base on the inputs from all users , I don't think it maters who the carrier is rather the phone itself ..

Try to clear and disable your fingers print function ... reboot and enter finger print again ...
This time use the point fingers and touch slightly ..
It works perfectly for me ....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol