01-28-2017 11:17 AM
30 12
    I have most of all services on.
    Location in High Accuracy
    Auto Brightness

Some apps I use on a daily: Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc.

Now, the trick is the amount of times these apps are programmed to "wake up" your phone. It's abnormal.

Once I rooted, I unbounced / limited these wakelocks to the point where they aren't using up as much battery. As long as you don't unbounce certain things you don't even break app functionality.

I would definitely look into rooting for a rainy day.
    Some root apps I use to manage the system is Amplify, Greenify, Force Dose and Power Nap.

It takes a little time to fine tune, but once you do the reward is worth it.

I never had to turn anything off or worry about battery life with my iPhone.

Now after a year almost two years with the Note 4, I can finally say the same thing. It's to the point where I'm equalling and rivaling an iPhone 6S Plus on standby time!

Not bad for Android.

XDA forums is where I started. It was a little intimidating, but I can safely say battery life and system performance woes are a thing of the past.
    01-15-2017 05:38 PM
    Sweet. I may look into rooting it. I rooted my s5 long ago and it was great.

That battery life on your note 4 is insane
    01-15-2017 06:54 PM
    Oh I agree. I killed off Facebook and all its associated apps. I actually rarely use Twitter on the the phone at least, and Instagram is an every once in a while deal too. Snapchat, on the other hand, I do use a lot
    However you could use popular and respected Facebook and Twitter skin such as "Metal" search for it on Google Play. Allows you to use Facebook and Twitter without using the official app. I get all the Facebook and Twitter functions but without the memory and battery hog of the original apps...
    d1nman likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:31 AM
    Sorry you had a bad experience with your phone. I have the HTC 10 and my wife had the Note 5 and I have optimised my phone to death and I still don't get the battery life she gets on her Note 5. She has all the location services on including the ok Google Assistant when the screen is off. She still gets better battery life than me. I have a metal case too I wonder if that's affecting my battery life too, just as someone mentioned in this thread.
    d1nman likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:37 AM
    Damnit, dropped this thing last night and cracked the back. I've replaced many of them on customers devices but I hate to lose my original back with the IMEI and all that good stuff. I plan on keeping this phone. Does anyone have any neat tricks/mods to recommend for this device? Can it be rooted?
    01-28-2017 11:17 AM
30 12