Bluetooth Immediate Turns Itself Off

TampaNan

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 5 suddenly is turning it's bluetooth off. In the car, at home. I don't have any power saving apps on. I tried using 5G, different wifi, same problem. I have to get my photos off the phone one at a time via e-mail because it also won't connect to my computer with the wire anymore.

Ugh! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the Bluetooth radio itself turning off, or is it just dropping the connection? Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27639. Also, try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel. Do you see an option there to select MTP, or a USB notification icon that you can tap?

gablemeredith

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. I tried the suggestions mentioned above but neither worked. It drops connection to my bluetooth headphones in the middle of my workouts. Pretty annoying. Then, when I try to turn it back on, it won't let me. I swipe right to turn the radio button on, it goes back left to turn off. I have to reboot only to have the same thing happen again. I've experienced this problem on 2 different devices, so it must be a software issue. They released an update a few weeks back. Wonder if it has something to do with that.

DeeCee78

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. I tried the suggestions mentioned above but neither worked. It drops connection to my bluetooth headphones in the middle of my workouts. Pretty annoying. Then, when I try to turn it back on, it won't let me. I swipe right to turn the radio button on, it goes back left to turn off. I have to reboot only to have the same thing happen again. I've experienced this problem on 2 different devices, so it must be a software issue. They released an update a few weeks back. Wonder if it has something to do with that.

My Note5 just started doing this today. Works for a little while after restarting phone, but then quickly stops working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle