Problems with my note 5.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Constantly loses auto rotate screen functionality.

Heart rate monitor stops working

Track steps in s health stops working.

All seem to come back after a restart.

Very annoying.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you customize the phone at all or is it stock? What launcher do you use? And are all the apps updated including Google Services? How long have you had it? Last question-is it USA based and are you sure it's not a clone?

I have a 64gb version. I got from Amazon last week-love the phone.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Started having WiFi and mobile network connection problems last Fall, and into early Winter. Finally did a factory reset (used Smart Switch for a full backup, plus have other stuff also backed up in cloud). It was a bit of a hassle, but so far, the reset appears to have resolved the connection problems (and the poor battery life that was occurring as a result).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=746488&p=5635666&viewfull=1#post5635666

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if I should do that. My note 5 had an excessive battery drain today while I was riding my road bike for about an hour. Using my backup 7edge right now, letting the Note 5 fully charge back up. On the ride it plummeted about 45% in 40 minutes. I'm used to riding and being able to go a good 2 hr ride on half a charged phone. It was cold today about 28°f but still. I had my gear s2 on and it only dropped a handful of % during the ride

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if I should do that. My note 5 had an excessive battery drain today while I was riding my road bike for about an hour. Using my backup 7edge right now, letting the Note 5 fully charge back up. On the ride it plummeted about 45% in 40 minutes. I'm used to riding and being able to go a good 2 hr ride on half a charged phone. It was cold today about 28°f but still. I had my gear s2 on and it only dropped a handful of % during the ride
Put my sim back into the Note 5 this evening and so far so good. I have my apps all set for Always save power. Could that create any issues? I made that change this evening.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
GPS can contribute to the drain, but I've not noticed such a drop when using an activity tracker (Endomondo) while on bike rides or hikes. I use GPS only for the Location settings. The activity app may have a bearing, as would cell signal strength in your ride area. i also keep the smartphone in a CamelBak, with the zippers not fully closed so that signal can flow easier. So during the ride the screen is off. Hiking is another matter as the camera, and thus screen are in frequent use plus GPS.

sgreen

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here too, and it is driving me nuts. I had a Note 5 64GB no issue, traded in for Note 7 at the end of August, and the Note 7 had no issue (HAHA), then had to get a Note 5 32GB because I fly every week mid-October. Since I got my 2nd Note 5 I am having the same issue since October purchase:
1. Screen Rotate stops working - Google Maps, Photos, etc.
2. Auto Brightness stops working
3. Data off and on, very erratic - which causes maps to report no data
4. Texting app starts giving me error messages
5. WiFi Pop ups are turned off, but soon as all the above starts up, WiFi sites start popping up. Especially annoying when boarding a flight and and I cannot show my boarding pass because the Airport WiFi keeps asking me if I want to sign in.
and I am sure there is more that I have not discovered.

The fix, restart. Works for a few hours or even a couple of days, then fails again. What I have done, Hard Reset in December. Did not fix it, same issue after a couple of hours. Verizon replaced the phone 2 weeks ago, same issue after a couple of hours. (The phone I had received had no updates since August, 2016 hoping that would would fix it, nope) Verizon then called Samsung, had a tech log into my phone, added a firmware update. It fixed it for 5 days, then I am back to frustration again.

My belief, a firmware change last summer in August that messed up the Note 5.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a 64 gb and for now anyway, the only issue is battery. It drops 25% overnight while on "battery saver" with no wifi or data on. During a bike ride last weekend it plummeted 40% in under 40minutes so my workout app couldn't record the entire ride. Luckily my gear s2 at least had the full riding time recorded as it does it automatically

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza