Sim card not detected -Note 5

FatiimaAch

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
So its been almost 3 weeks since i bought my Note 5. And since then i didn t have any issues with it. Today i got an alert that the sim card is not detected and i should reboot the device . Does this has to do with the phone or the sim card? Answer me pls im worried

inkyeyes

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My verizon note 5 was doing that about 10 times a day. The latest update fixed that but now it just loses the mobile network.. has an X over the signal bars.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new one. All i want to know is there s anything wrong with my phone ?

I would say it depends on how often it happens. I've had it happen 2 or 3 times, but it's been over the course of a year, and a restart has fixed it every time. Has it happened more than once?

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It happened twice and it was yesterday.

Sometimes you need to open the sim card holder and reset it in the holder. I have this problem from time to time and that always seems to fix it for me. These sim card holders seem sensative if the sim card is off just a slight bit.

If that doesn't fix it, get a new SIM card.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I just got a new one. All i want to know is there s anything wrong with my phone ?

Yes I know ,
that's why i said you should bring it to your carrier store ang let them take a look .
Might be some thing loose in there , they can either fix it or give you another phone with new sim .

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know ,
that's why i said you should bring it to your carrier store ang let them take a look .
Might be some thing loose in there , they can either fix it or give you another phone with new sim .
Store employees are useless sales monkeys. They will just give you the insurance number or try to sell you a new phone.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have only had this happen to my AT&T Note 5 2 to 3 times since I purchased it the day it was released. A restart has fixed it everytime. But if this frequently happens to you then as others suggested try changing your SIM card. If that doesn't fix it then you may have a defective device.

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
This was happening to my Verizon Note 5. Took it into a local corporate Verizon store and had them put in a new sim (no charge for the sim) and I haven't seen the problem since. Worth a shot to put in a new sim since it was so easy to do it.

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this happen to my S7. It started out doing it once in awhile, then it became once a week, then once a day, and then a couple times a day. This was over the course of about 4 or 5 months. A reboot would usually fix it temporarily. I got a new SIM card for it, which didn't fix it. I had insurance on it and ended up getting a new S7 thru Best Buy, where I had bought it. It was the only issue I had with that phone. The new one has been trouble free.

Mark

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
This might be a problem with the SIM card itself. In order to fix this problem, the SIM card will have to be replaced. If this is not work then you might want to try replace the sim card holder.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante