Find Duplicate Photos

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to free up space by finding duplicate photos. Have about 10GB left out of ~53GB (OS takes ~ 11GB). It appears that after a factory data reset and subsequent restore with Smart Switch, that quite a few duplicates (or what appear to be duplicates) are showing up in DCIM\Camera.

Are there any good apps that can identify duplicate photos on the smartphone? I see that "Gallery Doctor - Photo Cleaner" by AVG Labs shows up in the top few apps when searching in Play Store for "duplicate photo finder". Hesitant to install an app if there is another way to find duplicate photos on the phone. Or is there a built-in feature in TouchWiz that I'm overlooking that could accomplish this task?

I realize that I could use Google Photos to free up space (don't want to do that if not needed as I like to maintain a local and cloud copy), or plug in phone to computer and see if there is a Windows or MacOS based app that can do the same.

Pera Detlic1

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Dustin

I'd like to free up space by finding duplicate photos. Have about 10GB left out of ~53GB (OS takes ~ 11GB). It appears that after a factory data reset and subsequent restore with Smart Switch, that quite a few duplicates (or what appear to be duplicates) are showing up in DCIM\Camera.

Are there any good apps that can identify duplicate photos on the smartphone? I see that "Gallery Doctor - Photo Cleaner" by AVG Labs shows up in the top few apps when searching in Play Store for "duplicate photo finder". Hesitant to install an app if there is another way to find duplicate photos on the phone. Or is there a built-in feature in TouchWiz that I'm overlooking that could accomplish this task?

I realize that I could use Google Photos to free up space (don't want to do that if not needed as I like to maintain a local and cloud copy), or plug in phone to computer and see if there is a Windows or MacOS based app that can do the same.
The most simple method is runing DuplicateFilesDeleter, i use it and it works very well :) Hope it helps, cheers :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2