02-21-2017 12:56 AM
35 12
tools
    This is by far the best phone I've ever had, I'm going to hate parting ways with and am reluctant to do so. Note 8 is really going to have to bring it for me to switch and start paying for yet another phone for the next two years. What do you guys think?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-14-2017 10:41 AM
    This is by far the best phone I've ever had, I'm going to hate parting ways with and am reluctant to do so. Note 8 is really going to have to bring it for me to switch and start paying for yet another phone for the next two years. What do you guys think?
    I think the first thing you should think of, is that the Note 8 probably won't be released for another half year. That gives you a while to still enjoy your Note 5. Who knows, maybe it gets released even later so that Samsung makes sure they don't have another Note 7 debacle. This year's Galaxy S series would've been released at MWC, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also you have to think Samsung is going to step up their game to make up for what happened with last year's Note. That would def include at the very least Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor if not an even newer iteration. There could be an even bigger screen and/or less room for bezels (who know's, maybe no bezels?). Dual rear cameras you would think might make their appearance if Samsung wants to keep up w/ Apple. There also could be other improvements or innovations I haven't thought of?

I'm not saying all those things will happen, but to me they would seem logical if I were in Samsung's shoes. In general, significant improvements would seem logical to make up for a tough 2016. There are a lot of fans of the Note series that the company will have to get back in their good graces.

So, enjoy your Note 5 while you have it because it'll be a little bit till the Note 8 comes out & I think it would be a big disappointment if Samsung fails to keep up with the rest of the back and also doesn't make some major improvements.
    02-14-2017 11:40 AM
    I'm hoping they have a Note 8. I went from Note 4 to Note 7 to Note 5 to Note 7 and back to Note 5. Liked the Note 7 the best. Not sure the lack of a physical home button on the Galaxy 8 versions is a good thing.
    02-14-2017 12:13 PM
    Why? I can't wait to get the Note 8
    Diehlirious and jimd1050 like this.
    02-14-2017 02:40 PM
    I will jump to the N8 in the heart beat .... as soon as I pay off my N5 ...
    Diehlirious and Carlo Villa like this.
    02-14-2017 04:15 PM
    Note 8 will be a monstor of a phone. Upgrading from Note 5 will be HUGE.
    Carlo Villa and Diehlirious like this.
    02-14-2017 09:59 PM
    Like I said, this has been the best phone I've ever had and it would also be nice to not have to pay for a new phone. No doubt I'll get it though because I love the latest and greatest stuff. I will probably wait a month or so after its release to really get a feel of it from reading lots of reviews.
    02-15-2017 07:15 AM
    Note 8 will be a monstor of a phone. Upgrading from Note 5 will be HUGE.
    I'm really hoping. I hope the price isn't outrageous either.
    02-15-2017 07:16 AM
    I hope it lives up to to the hype that is anyway starting.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:17 AM
    One of my biggest concerns is the battery life, this must be greatly improved. The potential speaker on the stylus seems a little odd to me and I hope they don't expect that to be a huge selling point.
    02-15-2017 07:18 AM
    If you really like your Note 5, then that may be telling you something! Would you consider buying a new Note 5 instead? Or, you could keep your old Note 5 as a backup. I'm looking forward to the release of the 8 - I'm sure Samsung will tweak it masterfully to satisfy those who are in the market for a future Note device.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:29 AM
    I have really enjoyed the Note 5 coming from years of BlackBerry, yes the BlackBerrys were amazing phones and they do have some nice tweeks that android does not even have, like double tap to wake the fricking screen to name my pet peeve.

I would like to see the Note what ever number it is be a tad wider and make the case out of brushed aluminum or something so cool in different colors verses this fingerprint magnet glass
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-15-2017 11:30 AM
    The potential speaker on the stylus seems a little odd to me and I hope they don't expect that to be a huge selling point.
    Wow - I haven't seen or read that one anywhere - where did you hear that one? "Speaker on the Stylus" sounds insane!
    02-15-2017 01:22 PM
    Wow - I haven't seen or read that one anywhere - where did you hear that one? "Speaker on the Stylus" sounds insane!
    I think He"s just kidding around ....LOL
    jlost likes this.
    02-15-2017 05:59 PM
    No it's true, Google it.
    02-15-2017 08:48 PM
    I'm going to keep my Note 5 for as long as possible and if it goes down, I've got extended warranty from VZ and I'll get a replacement. The Note 5 is running so well and doing everything I want from it, honestly... what's the rush? Dropping another grand, I'll do it when I have to.
    jlost and Diehlirious like this.
    02-15-2017 09:32 PM
    I'm going to keep my Note 5 for as long as possible and if it goes down, I've got extended warranty from VZ and I'll get a replacement. The Note 5 is running so well and doing everything I want from it, honestly... what's the rush? Dropping another grand, I'll do it when I have to.
    This is how I feel. But by then will they still have Note 5 warranty replacements?
    02-16-2017 08:08 AM
    I think He"s just kidding around ....LOL
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcadv...ndroid-verizon
    02-16-2017 08:15 AM
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcadv...ndroid-verizon
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-16-2017 08:15 AM
    That seems so weird - they purchase Harmon Audio, I assume to get better stereo performance for their smart phones. Why would they entertain a blunder like this? That sounds really far fetched... the sound MIGHT work well when the pen is docked, but traveling up through the empty tube when the pen is removed? Are these guys seriously Engineers? I hope "Rumor" remains "Rumor"!!!

BTW, thanks for the link Owen - it was a good read!
    02-16-2017 08:44 AM
    You're welcome. I'm excited about the phone but I'm going to feel like I'm breaking up with a girlfriend when I switch.
    jlost and jimd1050 like this.
    02-16-2017 11:55 AM
    02-16-2017 04:09 PM
    If Samsung does have the courage to release a new Note 8,
    the number one question people will be asking:

"it's not going to explode or catch fire like the Note 7, I hope?"
    jlost likes this.
    02-16-2017 04:16 PM
    This is how I feel. But by then will they still have Note 5 warranty replacements?
    In the past, VZ would give you the most current or next in line phone usually from the same company's phone you're now using. Like from the S3 to S4.

Now... truthfully from a long time customer of Verizon...

VZ is doing anything and everything to make it much more difficult to obtain an extended warranty replacement, especially if you think the battery has degraded much farther than VZ... thinks! They blame the rules on Samsung but from my experience, VZ is simply playing hardball and making replacement under extended warranty even more of a 'trying' experience than ever before.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    02-17-2017 06:15 AM
    In the past, VZ would give you the most current or next in line phone usually from the same company's phone you're now using. Like from the S3 to S4.

Now... truthfully from a long time customer of Verizon...

VZ is doing anything and everything to make it much more difficult to obtain an extended warranty replacement, especially if you think the battery has degraded much farther than VZ... thinks! They blame the rules on Samsung but from my experience, VZ is simply playing hardball and making replacement under extended warranty even more of a 'trying' experience than ever before.
    This is one reason why I left Verizon. I always had horrible customer service with them. Almost as bad as sprint.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-17-2017 06:39 AM
35 12