After Note 5 What Did You Get?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm having Bluetooth issues with my Note 5 that I've owned for over a year now. From what I've read on this site, bluetooth issues are common with this device. I've been enduring it for months but figure it doesn't make sense paying for a phone with a serious (probably hardware) issue.

I'm looking into upgrading to a new phone, via T-MOBILE Jump and I'm curious what some of you have moved onto after the Note 5. I'm actually thinking about going iPhone..but I dunno.

Anyway...after Note 5 What are you carrying?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I got a Note 7, but obviously that's not an option. I'm holding on to an S7 Edge until the S8 comes along (and, hopefully, Note 8 soonish)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Note 5 > Note 7 > back to my Note 5 > Replacement Note 7 > back to my Note 5 > Galaxy S7 Active (AT&T) while I wait for the Note 8! Patience sucks!

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I will stay with Note 5 .... till the next Note comes ..
So far I have no problem with blue tooth at all ...
I only have LG head set to sync to though .

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The problem is that there is nothing out there that can replace Note series. I have s7 edge and waiting on Note 8. S8 looks like a crazy good phone though. It will be hard to resist the temptation until Note 8 comes out.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still have my Note 5 but I have never been able to rely on it as a daily use phone because of the battery life.

I have a S7 Edge as my daily phone. I'm waiting for the Note 8. I've been wanting to get a Pixel XL but with the in and out of stock faster then I can get to the website and order one, I've pretty much given up on and really don't care if I ever get that phone.

My first Note was the Note Edge, then a Note 4 and then a Note 5.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that there is nothing out there that can replace Note series. I have s7 edge and waiting on Note 8. S8 looks like a crazy good phone though. It will be hard to resist the temptation until Note 8 comes out.

That's why I love TMo's JUMP! On Demand program. I can get both the S8 and the Note 8 without buyer's remorse :p (the LG V20, however, for ME, did leave a very bad aftertaste and made me regret using one 'jump' to get it).

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I will stay with Note 5 .... till the next Note comes ..
So far I have no problem with blue tooth at all ...
I only have LG head set to sync to though .

Do u think they're gonna keep the Note Brand? It's been pretty damaged. I'm wondering if they'll give it a different name but basically keep it the same in terms of function in line with a Note product.

I know ppl kid about my Note 5 blowing up, even though we all know it never had that problem. Branding matters apparently.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do u think they're gonna keep the Note Brand? It's been pretty damaged. I'm wondering if they'll give it a different name but basically keep it the same in terms of function in line with a Note product.

I know ppl kid about my Note 5 blowing up, even though we all know it never had that problem. Branding matters apparently.

It's been confirmed that the Note 8 is coming (and that Samsung is sticking to the Note brand).
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-confirms-galaxy-note-8-exists-galaxy-s8-will-skip-mwc

Samsung in South Korea even had a promotion going that offered 50% off the upcoming Note 8 if you stayed with Samsung after the Note 7 recall.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

No one cares about the explosions anymore, a few days ago and IPhone was on the news it exploded on this woman's bed.
I can't wait to get the new Note 8!!! 💕

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Note 5 but I have never been able to rely on it as a daily use phone because of the battery life.

I have a S7 Edge as my daily phone. I'm waiting for the Note 8. I've been wanting to get a Pixel XL but with the in and out of stock faster then I can get to the website and order one, I've pretty much given up on and really don't care if I ever get that phone.

My first Note was the Note Edge, then a Note 4 and then a Note 5.

I had two Note 7s (original and replacement) and because of that, I could no longer handle the battery life of my Note 5 either. I ended up getting a Galaxy S7 Active fro AT&T w/4000 mAh battery to hold me over 'til the Note 8 comes out. I actually had the large Pixel XL with the largest Memory option ordered but I'm with AT&T so some of the functions would not have worked - I ended up cancelling while I still could. The S7 Active does what I need it to and the battery life is crazy good, thing is a tank as far as rugged and it's waterproof. I'm an avid beach camper so it fits me well. Still thinking come on September for the Note 8 though!!!

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
No one cares about the explosions anymore, a few days ago and IPhone was on the news it exploded on this woman's bed.
I can't wait to get the new Note 8!!! 💕

I guess that's why airlines still won't allow passengers to board with Note 7's and why they always mention this on the overhead speakers at the airport. Just saying. 😉

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's why airlines still won't allow passengers to board with Note 7's and why they always mention this on the overhead speakers at the airport. Just saying. ??????

Actually that has been lifted a few days ago. I just boarded a bunch of flights and they are no longer making the announcement (at least on American Airlines). They are, however, enforcing more 'random' full-passenger passport check on international flights.
U.S. airlines are no longer required to warn passengers about the Note 7 | Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech