General question about samsung devices, but I want to know on my Note 5.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 5, and other samsung devices.

In About Device, I have changed the device name to something else.

I notice thought on my Unifi Wifi network that my phone still registers as android-(some long number). Is there anyway to change the network name on my note 5 and other samsung devices?

For instance I notice on iPhone/iPad devices (as my wife owns them) when you change the device name it registers it as the network name too so her devices appear correctly.

This would help me manage our wifi network better if I knew what were the physical devices that are connected, and block those who don't need to be on.

Thanks in advance,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 5, and other samsung devices.

In About Device, I have changed the device name to something else.

I notice thought on my Unifi Wifi network that my phone still registers as android-(some long number). Is there anyway to change the network name on my note 5 and other samsung devices?

For instance I notice on iPhone/iPad devices (as my wife owns them) when you change the device name it registers it as the network name too so her devices appear correctly.

This would help me manage our wifi network better if I knew what were the physical devices that are connected, and block those who don't need to be on.

Thanks in advance,

You should be able to change the device in the router settings. I can with my ASUS. I go to the website that access my router and make my changes there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995