I have a note 5, and other samsung devices.

In About Device, I have changed the device name to something else.

I notice thought on my Unifi Wifi network that my phone still registers as android-(some long number). Is there anyway to change the network name on my note 5 and other samsung devices?

For instance I notice on iPhone/iPad devices (as my wife owns them) when you change the device name it registers it as the network name too so her devices appear correctly.

This would help me manage our wifi network better if I knew what were the physical devices that are connected, and block those who don't need to be on.

Thanks in advance,
    02-17-2017 08:00 AM
    I have a note 5, and other samsung devices.

In About Device, I have changed the device name to something else.

I notice thought on my Unifi Wifi network that my phone still registers as android-(some long number). Is there anyway to change the network name on my note 5 and other samsung devices?

For instance I notice on iPhone/iPad devices (as my wife owns them) when you change the device name it registers it as the network name too so her devices appear correctly.

This would help me manage our wifi network better if I knew what were the physical devices that are connected, and block those who don't need to be on.

Thanks in advance,
    You should be able to change the device in the router settings. I can with my ASUS. I go to the website that access my router and make my changes there.
    02-17-2017 08:44 AM