Title says it all. I'm a very light phone user and at the end of a weeknight after work I'll notice that my battery is down to 40-50% while at the end of Saturday or Sunday it's down to around 80%.

Practically no difference in usage whatsoever during the week. I just check emails occasionally and send/receive texts, and very light use of random apps [both at work and at home]. Both workplace and home have WiFi.

I can't figure out a cause that drains the battery more in one place [workplace] over the other [home]. It isn't a huge issue but just curious if others have seen something similar.
    03-03-2017 03:14 PM
    Possibly the WiFi signal could be glitchy. If the phone has to search for the WiFi connection if it's weak that could cause battery drain. Here where I work we have issues somethings with the WiFi going down or getting spotty, etc
    03-03-2017 03:20 PM
    Yup ... try to turn OFF wifi .. see if it gets better >
    03-03-2017 04:02 PM
    It could also have a lot to do with signal strength at work compared to at home. At work, I can go all shift (10+hrs) and have about 40% left. This is with Pandora streaming literally all night over LTE connection.
    At home, I will lose 10% or more an hour, with it just sitting on the table, doing absolutely nothing. I bounce between wifi calling and maybe 1 bar of 3g at my house.
    Scott Currence likes this.
    03-03-2017 10:31 PM
    Turning off Wi-Fi while at work worked for me because it stopped my phone from trying to grab onto spotty signals all day from a hotel across the street from my job. If what the others suggested doesn't show improvement in battery, you can put your phone in airplane mode for when it's not being used. You will still get text thru Wi-Fi also.
    03-05-2017 10:27 AM
    Turning off Wi-Fi while at work worked for me because it stopped my phone from trying to grab onto spotty signals all day from a hotel across the street from my job. If what the others suggested doesn't show improvement in battery, you can put your phone in airplane mode for when it's not being used. You will still get text thru Wi-Fi also.
    Is there a way to have the phone disregard some WiFi signals nearby?
    03-06-2017 09:39 AM
    Not sure, but I think you can have it "forget" previous Wi-Fi connections you've had. For my purposes, I usually turn Wi-Fi off altogether unless I'm at home, if I cannot get a good to strong, consistent signal in my workplace.
    03-06-2017 11:37 AM
    Not sure, but I think you can have it "forget" previous Wi-Fi connections you've had. For my purposes, I usually turn Wi-Fi off altogether unless I'm at home, if I cannot get a good to strong, consistent signal in my workplace.
    That would seem like the best option right now. I don't really use the WiFI at work all that often. Is there a way to schedule WiFi to turn on/off automatically?
    03-06-2017 11:54 AM
    I realize this thread is months old at this point, but perhaps this will be helpful to someone. There's an app on the Play Store by the name of Tasker and it will allow you to automate just about every function of your phone. So yes, you can schedule when to turn WiFi on and off. It would be a bit of a learning curve and overkill to download the app just for that single function though. If your phone is still trying to connect to the Hotel WiFi across the street that means it's not connected to the WiFi at work and that's where I'd start my troubleshooting. If your work does not have WiFi then you'd be better served turning WiFi off completely while at work.

If you go to your WiFi settings and click on the Hotel's WiFi there should be an option to unchecked "Auto Reconnect" and I believe that will sort the problem out as well.

That would seem like the best option right now. I don't really use the WiFI at work all that often. Is there a way to schedule WiFi to turn on/off automatically?
    10-23-2017 01:09 PM