I. Want. My. Google. Assistant. Now!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's ridiculous but I'm pretty excited about having this, something to tide me over until the Note 8. And nougat as well hurry up Verizon !

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I am running the newest beta 10.5.37 and still no assistant. From what i have read, google has to turn it on and push it out. It is not as simple as loading the newest apk.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.. first... relax. Google stages rollouts of major updates to their software so they don't break everyone's phones.

Second, the only thing you are accomplishing by manually updating your software is saving yourself a minute or two of time. Google needs to approve Assistant on their end before you will see it on your phone, and since that process also involves automatically pushing any necessary updates to your phone, getting the updated Play Services, etc. would get taken care of then.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I am running the newest beta 10.5.37 and still no assistant. From what i have read, google has to turn it on and push it out. It is not as simple as loading the newest apk.

I've signed up for beta for a few days now and haven't gotten any updates to services still at same build I was before enrolling.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If you get lucky, the recent Google update may enable Assistant.

Though it's still a server-side thing as when I got the update, it was still Now-On-Tap, and shortly afterwards, Google Assistant was available.

Attachments

• 19821.jpg
    19821.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 140

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got it now! There was nothing to download in the app store, you just long press the home and it shows a message saying that you now have Google Assistant.