how do I make Google Assistant wake up and unlock my Note 5? (from screen off, not connected to charger)

I have no problem doing this on my other phone, the LG G5. (which just involves selecting the Trusted Voice option) On my Galaxy Note 5 (as well as S7), no matter what I tried, it would only wake up and unlock the phone if the charger was plugged in. (or if I press the home button first, then say "OK Google" then it unlocks the phone)

Thanks for your help!
    03-09-2017 11:53 PM
    Go to the Google Assistant settings, then "Ok Google" Detection. Is the "Say Ok Google any time" switch turned on?
    03-10-2017 11:09 AM
    One thing to keep in mind... is that the 'always listening feature' is a lot more complicated that just other settings. There is actually dedicated hardware, software, and just as importantly, licensing necessary for it to wake up your phone.

The Note 5 may very well not be allowed to use that always listening feature... so the setting will either not be shown to you, or permanently disabled. That it will only work when plugged in tells me that it's not something that's just a toggle in your settings. Plugged in, your phone is always 'awake' and there's nothing fancy is needed to have it listen. If you aren't plugged in, your phone goes into a low power state, which is where all the special stuff comes into play.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-10-2017 11:25 AM
    Go to the Google Assistant settings, then "Ok Google" Detection. Is the "Say Ok Google any time" switch turned on?
    Yes... so far, only my LG G5 can do this.

My other phones Note 5, S7 and LG G4 can't, no matter what I tried.
    03-10-2017 12:10 PM