Worth it?

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Have a Note 5 that's in perfect condition, but about 2 months ago, the screen went out. Was quoted about $340 for repair. Worth it? My nexus 6 is working like a champ though, just curious.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just my opinion but I wouldn't, that $340 could go towards a new phone , perhaps the Note 8. I love my Note 5 but I wouldn't pay that to fix that issue

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Not this late in the game. I broke the display on one of my S7 Edge phones and they wanted between $350 and $400 to fix it. Didn't get it fixed. T-Mobile had a sale on the S7 Edge last month for $360 so I bought a new one.

If you really like the phone, try buying a used one but i wouldn't pay more then the cost that they wanted to replace that screen.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You can get a good condition Note 5 for 340 on swappa or amazon. Plus the nexus 6 is a great phone I'd stick with that for now until one of the new ones becomes available.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what I want to do, but the screen on the Note 5 is better, plus have a few phones I could sell to make up the majority of the repair cost.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Even this "late in the game", the Note 5 is a sweet device, better than a good majority of what's newer on the market. Especially at its current price. Ask yourself what exists in the price range of the repair cost for the Note that will be better for you than the Note.

If you really like the Note 5 and can live with the cost of repair, then do it. If Samsung is doing the repair for you, you may also be able to have them replace your battery while they have it in pieces. You'd probably get some kind of warranty as well.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Even this "late in the game", the Note 5 is a sweet device, better than a good majority of what's newer on the market. Especially at its current price. Ask yourself what exists in the price range of the repair cost for the Note that will be better for you than the Note.

If you really like the Note 5 and can live with the cost of repair, then do it. If Samsung is doing the repair for you, you may also be able to have them replace your battery while they have it in pieces. You'd probably get some kind of warranty as well.
Well, there isn't a local Samsung place around that would do it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Definitely do the battery

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, there isn't a local Samsung place around that would do it.

There may not be a Samsung-owned and operated service center near you, but how about an authorized service center? Or sending your phone to Samsung? I think you can set it up on their site.

For that kind of money, I'd want Samsung parts and a Samsung warranty.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
There may not be a Samsung-owned and operated service center near you, but how about an authorized service center? Or sending your phone to Samsung? I think you can set it up on their site.

For that kind of money, I'd want Samsung parts and a Samsung warranty.
I'll try to reach out to them tomorrow and find out the cost.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No doubt. You couldn't touch anything new that's as good as this Note for just $183.

I can't imagine why they won't replace the battery in the US though. Supply? Maybe liability? Strange.

I kept asking, they said that during the repair, they'd contact me, we'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey