I set smart lock to work at my office and home. But often I still have to use my fingerprint. I have a feeling it's a problem with the location and /or the same problem that constantly turns off the screen rotate and S-health sensors.

It's getting very annoying. Thinking about calling to trade it in under warranty.
    03-16-2017 10:48 AM
    I'm not sure what the exact number is, but if you're not at that location for a certain amount of time, Smart Lock will always ask for a secure unlock FIRST. After that you should be able to use Smart Lock as long as you're still in that location and have used your phone before the timer runs out. Also make sure that you're using High Accuracy for location services (and using WiFi to help improve it) to ensure the location is being correctly recognized.
    03-16-2017 11:20 AM
    I'm not sure what the exact number is, but if you're not at that location for a certain amount of time, Smart Lock will always ask for a secure unlock FIRST. After that you should be able to use Smart Lock as long as you're still in that location and have used your phone before the timer runs out. Also make sure that you're using High Accuracy for location services (and using WiFi to help improve it) to ensure the location is being correctly recognized.
    It's 4 hours! =)
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-16-2017 08:45 PM
    Yea I have all that turned on and I look at my phone all the time within 4 hours. Something is broken
    03-17-2017 07:29 PM
    If you open maps at your trusted location, does the pin show you IN that location? Have you checked the address for the trusted location? What about 'forgetting' that location and re-adding it.

I'd also make sure you don't have any Android Administrators forcing a secure lockscreen and overriding Smart Lock. For instance, many companies with Exchange e-mail accounts are now enforcing secure lockscreens to keep corporate data safe, but that means that any non-secure layers, like Smart Lock, are disabled as long as you have the account active in your phone.
    03-20-2017 04:03 PM
    Smart Lock works sometimes for me, at best. It is far from reliable, and kinda sucks.
    03-21-2017 10:57 AM
    I have no issues at home (the only place I've set it up for). Only 'problem' is that I have to unlock it with my fingerprint first after leaving for work and coming back, but after that it's constantly unlocked until I haven't used the device for a while or leave again.
    03-21-2017 11:59 AM