first off im not trying to do anything illegal!!!! but ibam leaving the country(u.s
    a.) and roaming charges are crazy from sprint. yes I've tried going through Sprint but i keep getting sent store to store and no one can help me. I just want to be able to use my phone in another country with out having to pay and arm and a legg for it so id rather just purchase a prepaid sim card while im there to be able to atleast communicate for my duration.
    03-19-2017 09:31 AM
    As I heard .. You can buy a new sim card from the country you come to ...
    Like .. If you go to EU then you only buy 1 ..

Better yet ... go there and buy a cheap portable phone from convenient stores ...?
    03-19-2017 09:48 AM
    As I heard .. You can buy a new sim card from the country you come to ...
    Like .. If you go to EU then you only buy 1 ..

Better yet ... go there and buy a cheap portable phone from convenient stores ...?
    Going to south America and I heard T-Mobile has great service down there so I wanted to buy one here then leave and not take any chances
    03-19-2017 09:53 AM
    Going to south America and I heard T-Mobile has great service down there so I wanted to buy one here then leave and not take any chances
    Have Sprint unlock your phone, if it's not already.
    03-19-2017 11:53 AM
    That's actually a very common request. Maybe instead of asking for them to "sim off" your phone, tell them you want to use a different sim while out of the country. Most carriers allow you to unlock the phone if you can give a valid reason. I don't know if it's part of the T-Mobile version or if this works with all, but the Note 5 I have, has a temporary unlock feature for this exact reason. Sprint should be able to unlock the sim. It's possible that it's unlocked already, but I don't know how to test for that without simply putting a different company sim in it (this works with Verizon phones as part of their LTE band requirement).
    03-19-2017 04:17 PM
    When I went to France, I simply bought a SIM from Orange. They had me up and running in about 20 minutes. Mine is a Verizon phone. I didn't have to ask them to unlock or anything. No interaction with Verizon. Simply put the SIM in, they (Orange) configured the phone, and I was good to go.

Mike
    03-20-2017 05:15 PM