Hi. I recently dropped my phone and it was damaged real bad front and back. The screen is cracked and I can only see the lights on the bottom buttons on the side of the home screen button. I received a replacement unit from my insurance company an S7. I need to get my contacts, pictures, text, from the note 5. The phone powers up but when I plug it to the pc with the USB the phone pops up but nothing inside. Can anyone suggest how I can retrieve that information. I can't go past the the initial screen lock, because the thumb is not reading and I cant see the screen to put the pin. Thanks
    03-22-2017 06:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid you might be out of luck, because the USB connection usually defaults to Charge Only, and you have to swipe down the notification panel to change it to MTP/File Transfer. If it's Charge Only, the computer won't recognize it via USB. This is why it's best to save your contacts to your Google account, not the local Phone account, and also to take advantage of Google Photos auto backup.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    03-22-2017 08:53 PM