Tracking a repair?

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Since getting the phone to Samsung, curious about the progress of the repair.

Anyway to check it? On their site, just gives me a number to call.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 arrived at Samsung on Friday and I received an email telling me on Tuesday night that the phone 'was repaired' and left for UPS on Wednesday... to arrive via 2 day... Tomorrow, Friday.

They 'deduced' that the problem was a 'defective internal battery'. THIS... after receiving the phone as a 'extended warranty replacement'.

How this phone was ever 'passed and certified' ... is beyond credibility. 🙄

Fast turn around though.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
My Note 5 arrived at Samsung on Friday and I received an email telling me on Tuesday night that the phone 'was repaired' and left for UPS on Wednesday... to arrive via 2 day... Tomorrow, Friday.

They 'deduced' that the problem was a 'defective internal battery'. THIS... after receiving the phone as a 'extended warranty replacement'.

How this phone was ever 'passed and certified' ... is beyond credibility. 🙄

Fast turn around though.
They sent me an email this morning saying they 'received' it. Probably will ship early next week. Trying to make sure they call me to also repair the battery, we'll see.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
They sent me an email this morning saying they 'received' it. Probably will ship early next week. Trying to make sure they call me to also repair the battery, we'll see.

You can call them. There should be a phone number with your reference number in the email. DEMAND... that since the phone is THERE... have them replace with fresh battery. Hope things turn out well.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

How this phone was ever 'passed and certified' ... is beyond credibility. ??????

Fast turn around though.

More likely ... they did not bother to repair yours .... just send you a refurbished one ...
In my case though.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
More likely ... they did not bother to repair yours .... just send you a refurbished one ...
In my case though.

I can tell if it's the unit I sent to them... if it's the phone they're returning to me. If it's another phone, you can be sure I will call VZ, get Sammy on the line and raise a bit of whoop you know what.

But before we get to that, let's see exactly what they'll be sending me. BTW, better have factory NEW battery installed! 😎😉🙄

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I can tell if it's the unit I sent to them... if it's the phone they're returning to me. If it's another phone, you can be sure I will call VZ, get Sammy on the line and raise a bit of whoop you know what.

But before we get to that, let's see exactly what they'll be sending me. BTW, better have factory NEW battery installed! 😎😉🙄
I will say Sammy does repair them with new parts. Used to work for Samsung :)

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Took the Samsung Factory repaired Note 5 to Verizon to get it smart switched from loaner Note 5. Guess what?

Samsung Factory DID NOT repair the phone. The same error message... does not recognize Sim Card kept on reoccurring after a clean factory update before loading anything in.

I was PO'ED to the max! More wasted time spent dealing with VZ and Samsung poor repair!

Got Sammy on the phone... sent me an overnite label, will expedite repair like swapping new motherboard. Told them that they had better fix it right this time.

There was another woman at VZ store, similar poor repair problems.

Sammy repair... REEKS!

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
f4031a7ef9b5a2f699e79d8ed54876e3.jpg

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just received word yesterday, second time Note 5 went to Samsung Factory Service Center.

First time, they completely missed the Sim Card problem of not recognizing it, even though THIS PROBLEM was listed on the repair ticket. Sammy replaced the defective and degraded battery... even though this was a supposedly Verizon factory refurbished unit.

This time... they replaced the Sim Card Electronics and are over nighting it to me on Monday morning. Hopefully with a fresh battery and repair, this Note 5 will last quite a while longer.

As mentioned, Samsung needs to improve on their factory service repair! And... open a repair center in Denver.

I hope this repair works well!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience with Samsung Repair. I sent my Galaxy S6 in for repair on the battery & camera lens. I spent a total of $70.31. I remember Samsung stating that an S6 battery repair cost $45. So I thought that they were also going to fix my cracked camera lens. I even told the rep to state that my lens was cracked on my camera on the repair ticket. Then I had 3 other reps check to make sure it was correct! (Called back 3 times) Nope. They said they fixed the battery, and that me lens was scratched, and not cracked. Wrong. The battery is only slightly better & my camera lens is still cracked. How can you say a cracked camera lens is scratched??? In what world does that make sense. I clearly can see the cracked lens and feel it. And I'm not going to bother sending it it again for "repairs". My phone is out of warranty so I'll just take it to a repair shop and have them replace it.
-
They also said they don't do "partial" repairs. Well that's what I got.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Android since the beginning and when the Samsung phones work well, they're beautiful tools for everyday business and personal life.

When I spoke with the Sammy supervisor last week, nice call, I expressed to her my complete displeasure in their 'repair service' and lack of quality control and repair. She kind of moved away from the subject and actually told me... her words... sometimes it takes two, three or more times to fix a phone.

Could you believe this? I called her out and expressed incredulity! I told her that under no uncertain terms... you folks had better repair or replace the phone with completely new circuitry if you have any questions. I gave her this last shot at getting it right. NO THIRD TIME FOR GETTING THE REPAIR FIXED! I also told her that based on many of the problems Sammy has had with quality... that I will take a serious look at the upcoming iPhone 8 and 8+ in September! One main reason... Apple has a major repair facility store three miles from my house. I don't have time or patience for Sammy or Android problems any more that cannot be fixed in person!

So... long post here... but Sammy better get their repair and manufacturing processes solved and give the customer a much better experience.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine back. Screen works great and battery as well. Can't complain. On the paperwork, shows they did replace both.

Last edited: