Anyone heard anything for this release?
    04-01-2017 07:30 PM
    I'm still waiting also. When is the Note 8 coming out?
    04-02-2017 12:20 PM
    Dunno.
    04-02-2017 01:22 PM
    You either have to wait for it or you just buy the next iteration. Lol. I am waiting but I'll be ok with marshmallow.
    04-03-2017 08:42 AM
    Marshmallow is running fine. Verizon is usually late to the game regarding OS updates.
    04-03-2017 09:13 AM
    I believe it's already been released in Europe and India. Who knows when the US carriers (I have AT&T) will get around to releasing it.
    04-04-2017 02:34 AM
    my Sprint Note 5 is currently updating to Nougat at this moment - FYI - about time!
    04-05-2017 09:37 AM
    Let us know if you have the sound problem where you have to restart your phone to get sound back. Thanks.
    04-05-2017 09:48 AM
    On Verizon here, got N yesterday 😁 on my Note 5
    04-16-2017 03:43 AM
    WORD...to your mother!
    8^))
    The wife's VZW Note 5 got Nougat, this past weekend. Battery doing better. Failed auto brightness and rotation sensors operability returned. So far, so good.
    04-20-2017 04:20 PM
    On Verizon here, got N yesterday 😁 on my Note 5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...384d5d4373.jpg
    Go back! You don't want it ! Lol
    04-20-2017 05:52 PM
    Go back! You don't want it ! Lol
    Dunno...at&t on mine. EASIEST update I've ever done. Phone acts like I got a new battery, smooth operation, no glitches. Love it.
    04-21-2017 11:41 AM
    Dunno...at&t on mine. EASIEST update I've ever done. Phone acts like I got a new battery, smooth operation, no glitches. Love it.
    No glitches you say? Lol
    04-22-2017 09:31 AM
    No glitches you say? Lol
    Not a single glitch. I did the update, let it rebuild/reload from Google, rebooted, cleared the cache and that was it. No complaints, no bugs, no lost icons, same wallpaper. I had 3 icons change style. Email, voice recorder, and gallery. My battery life boosted. The only operational things I've noticed is finding stuff in settings, the pull down notification bar is different and my notifications in my lock screen needed tweaking. Big deal. From the time I started the update to the time I picked it up and started using it was less than 45 minutes. I made a backup using smart switch before and didn't need it.
    So...
    Why the Lol?
    04-22-2017 02:51 PM
    Not a single glitch. I did the update, let it rebuild/reload from Google, rebooted, cleared the cache and that was it. No complaints, no bugs, no lost icons, same wallpaper. I had 3 icons change style. Email, voice recorder, and gallery. My battery life boosted. The only operational things I've noticed is finding stuff in settings, the pull down notification bar is different and my notifications in my lock screen needed tweaking. Big deal. From the time I started the update to the time I picked it up and started using it was less than 45 minutes. I made a backup using smart switch before and didn't need it.
    So...
    Why the Lol?
    Because I have glitches. I did the clear cache partition and clear the apps cache also. I don't know but if my phone was flawless before the update and after it, randomly​ rebooting, there seems to be an issue.
    04-22-2017 02:55 PM
    Because I have glitches. I did the clear cache partition and clear the apps cache also. I don't know but if my phone was flawless before the update and after it, randomly​ rebooting, there seems to be an issue.
    When I went from l to M, I had a few bugs. All my icons were gone. All I had left on my screen were two phone number shortcuts. Everything else was gone. This was after a factory reset. All my apps were still loaded, just not on my screen so I had to drag and drop all back in place. After that update, it took about 3 hours to get mine back and several days before I got all the bugs worked out of it.
    Going from M to N, the install was flawless, lost nothing, quick and painless. Before, I'd have to put my phone on charge by 2 in the afternoon when it hit 5%. Now here it is, 3 in the afternoon and my battery level is 46% and running perfect.
    I know it's a pain in the.... You know, but... Have you tried a factory reset? Wipe it all out and start with a clean slate? I'd rather suffer for a few hours to get it fixed rather than suffer with a bad phone.
    04-22-2017 03:10 PM