I tried searching the forums, but was unable to find this specific issue. I have 4 or 5 fast chargers, that suddenly won't charge the phone (Note 5) at all. It won't even register on the phone that it is plugged in. I have tried each of them with multiple cables etc. However, the old type "non fast chargers" work like a champ. Wireless charging works fine too. This has been driving me insane. I assume there is a pin or something in the charging port that must have gotten messed up. After taking it to the repair shop, they didn't really troubleshoot, and just said to replace the charging port they have to replace the screen for a total of 350 bucks. Has anyone ever run across this? Any thoughts at all? I don't believe it is worth 350 bucks to fix though.
    04-03-2017 10:36 AM
    I tried searching the forums, but was unable to find this specific issue. I have 4 or 5 fast chargers, that suddenly won't charge the phone (Note 5) at all. It won't even register on the phone that it is plugged in. I have tried each of them with multiple cables etc. However, the old type "non fast chargers" work like a champ. Wireless charging works fine too. This has been driving me insane. I assume there is a pin or something in the charging port that must have gotten messed up. After taking it to the repair shop, they didn't really troubleshoot, and just said to replace the charging port they have to replace the screen for a total of 350 bucks. Has anyone ever run across this? Any thoughts at all? I don't believe it is worth 350 bucks to fix though.
    If those are not Samsung fast charges, they could have went bad. Cheap products usually do. If they're Samsung, make sure they're real and then contact Samsung.

Could also be the cable port. I had one that was lose, switched cables and now it charges fine.
    04-13-2017 08:18 AM
    We have a wireless charging pad that suddenly stopped charging the note 5 to a compete charge. Wired charging works fast and slow.
    I'm not convinced it's the charger, but don't have another wireless charging capable device to verify.
    The note 5 has been really wonky lately. Battery life really sucks, suddenly and auto brightness and auto rotation suddenly stopped a couple days ago.
    Searching for fixes.
    04-17-2017 12:25 PM
    Happened to me as well. Today, I switched out the fast-charging wall adapter to one I've never used and BOOM! Problem solved. The other one was REALLY hot. Thank God it was not the phone. I'd give that a try.

Hope that helps.

Be well,

Ken
    01-29-2018 03:36 PM