Waiting for a Note 8 or switching to Galaxy S8?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I held a GS8 today, not the + , have to say it felt very small in my ✋, it felt really weird to have a device so narrow in width. I would have to hold a + but no way I would go with the 8.

My daily phone has been a Note 5 for the last 8 months with the N6 as backup and for home use.

I was shocked with how small the 8 is , I would advise anyone to hold the phones in hand before making a decision on the Galaxy S8

This is helpful. This morning my phone took almost 4 hrs to reach a full charge. Smh. I'm passed warranty too so it looks like I'll be getting an 8 when I get back in town this weekend.

My question was going to be which size but this is helpful. If I go 8+ I'm really gonna miss my stylus though. I love it and use it a lot for writing ideas, quick notes, contacts when meeting ppl, etc.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I also had no issue reaching the fingerprint sensor either, I use the S pen a lot , find it very useful and I think I'll be holding out for the Note 8

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll be waiting for the Note 8! I hadn't had my 5 long enough so I didn't get the Note 7 and ended up missing that whole fiasco. However, the AT&T service in my area has degraded so much and with no plans to upgrade, I made the switch to Verizon. They told me they could still order me the Note 5, so I agreed to switch, but when it came to the actual order, they could no longer get it. I bought a mint open box Note 5 on Amazon for half the original retail, so now I own it outright, and don't have to pay a monthly charge to Verizon. I use the S-pen ALL the time, and have to have it!!! It updated to Nougat last week, and I'll wait patiently for the N8, but whatever happens now I can keep my Note 5, no trade in required. For now I'm a happy camper!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely waiting for the N8. Had the N3 (80-year-old Mom has it now :) ), N4 (husb has it), N5 (kept as backup while having the N7's, and since it's recalls). I wouldn't be able to tolerate a touch screen without it. I came from many years of Blackberry and missed my keyboards terribly. The S Pen is what sold me (had the Note 10.1 before my N3), and now I use it not only for notes, of course, but even more for Action Memos. Jotting a quick phone number and using "Link to Action" to dial, or writing a URL and using it to browse, write/save a reminder, etc., is irreplaceable for me.

And for the love of all things Holy, pleeeeese Samsung, do not put the cr*ppy Samsung Notes instead of S Note on the N8, like was on the N7! (Is there anywhere where we can give customer feedback on this? I've left 1 star reviews w/comments/suggestions on the Google Play store and Galaxy App store, but seriously doubt anyone who could do something about it, would actually be reading them!)

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely waiting for the N8. Had the N3 (80-year-old Mom has it now :) ), N4 (husb has it), N5 (kept as backup while having the N7's, and since it's recalls). I wouldn't be able to tolerate a touch screen without it. I came from many years of Blackberry and missed my keyboards terribly. The S Pen is what sold me (had the Note 10.1 before my N3), and now I use it not only for notes, of course, but even more for Action Memos. Jotting a quick phone number and using "Link to Action" to dial, or writing a URL and using it to browse, write/save a reminder, etc., is irreplaceable for me.

And for the love of all things Holy, pleeeeese Samsung, do not put the cr*ppy Samsung Notes instead of S Note on the N8, like was on the N7! (Is there anywhere where we can give customer feedback on this? I've left 1 star reviews w/comments/suggestions on the Google Play store and Galaxy App store, but seriously doubt anyone who could do something about it, would actually be reading them!)

If u like an original keypad thou should check out the new BlackBerry KEYone.

http://www.blackberrymobile.com

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 4 until they no longer make batteries for it. In the mean time I'll use my Note 5 as my daily driver until the newest iteration of the Note is released. Ain't giving up the stylus. Would only switch if another company brought out a high end device w/stylus and removable battery.

I'm not wedded to Samsung - - just don't see a viable alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678