AT&T Note 5 Nougat Update Today

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
so far so good and I like just need to get use to it!

Its kinda like with my BlackBerrys when a new update came you would load the leaks and have a new phone kinda.

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Its under settings under the system tab then storage then look down to cached data tap and hit clear
===================
AT&T .... I don't see SYSTEM at all for accessing cache.

I found Cached Data via "Device Maintenance" / Storage/ 3-dots top rt Storage Settings/ Cached Data. Is THAT the Clear cache we're after???????

Are these layouts Correct?? What a difference!!....

Attachments

• SETTINGS - NOUGAT.jpg
    SETTINGS - NOUGAT.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 67
  • MY FILES - NOUGAT.jpg
    MY FILES - NOUGAT.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Could someone who's finished with the update, please show their "Baseband Number" once completed. My Note 5 is offline now and in a box - I'm running a Galaxy S7 Active and don't feel like switching my SIM back and forth just to update the Note 5. I'm going to see if I can get the Nougat file over at XDA and sideload it to my Note 5 just so it's updated! Thank you!!!

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

EDIT: First turn off phone

1. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
2. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
3. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. (This step may take several seconds.)
4. When Android System Recovery menu appears press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
5. Press the Power key to select.
6. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
7. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Last edited:

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the update. It does give the phone interface a good look and feel. I don't like the white squircle around the icons. I switched to a dark theme and that took care of that.

I wish that I could change the background on the notifications in the notification tray to a white on black as apposed to black on white.

The jury is still out on the battery life of this update. I also like the fact that you can change the screen resolution, hopefully this will help with battery life.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
2. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
3. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. (This step may take several seconds.)
4. When Android System Recovery menu appears press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.

The procedure to clear your cache partition needs to start with turning off your phone before you do any of these steps.

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Could someone who's finished with the update, please show their "Baseband Number" once completed. My Note 5 is offline now and in a box - I'm running a Galaxy S7 Active and don't feel like switching my SIM back and forth just to update the Note 5. I'm going to see if I can get the Nougat file over at XDA and sideload it to my Note 5 just so it's updated! Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 2976.jpg
    2976.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 49

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you very much 'vincehny'!

Mine is still way back at CPJ1 - I think I'm going to have to swap SIM chips and let the damned thing go through some major updating before I get the actual EQC6 Nougat OTA! Damned, I didn't realize I had been off the air with it that long...

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

EDIT: First turn off phone

• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
I found Cached Data w/ Clear Button via "Device Maintenance" / Storage/ 3-dots top rt/ Storage - Settings/ Cached Data.
So WHAT is THAT Cache about IF NOT the Same as yours?

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I found Cached Data w/ Clear Button via "Device Maintenance" / Storage/ 3-dots top rt/ Storage - Settings/ Cached Data.
So WHAT is THAT Cache about IF NOT the Same as yours?

The cache you're talking about is all the cache from apps, and is a good idea if it's cleared after an update as well. The cache you access by turning off your phone and following the other steps, is a Dalvik cache, more or less a system cache, which is the more important one to clear, imo

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just updated, liking it a lot. New look, new features deep within. And have you checked the ram usage?? It's nothing compared to what it used to be. Free ram now around 2.0 GB, used to be around 1.2 free.... I'm thinking the battery is going to be better. I have kept the screen resolution at default right now and not full. No app crashes, everything seems good. Crazy Easter egg in the notification panel when you find it, don't know about empty dish, fish, treat or bits... Haha. Does seem to charge slower than it used to using fast wireless charging, just checked the difference, plugged into the fast charger the time estimated remaining is 1 hrs 2min,when I just took it off a fast wireless charger that said 1 hr 34 mins. Phone does seem new, and even more snappier. Liking the notificaion shade. Don't like the fact when you back out of the phone app, it always hide the dialer when you open it back up. Wondering if 3CA is activated

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci