New Nougat Update - FACTORY RESET IT!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
For all of you guys having problems, do yourself a favor and factory reset after you get Nougat and utilize the new file system. If you don't you are running Nougat on the marshmallow file system. If you do a factory reset fresh the phone will run as designed and will not only be fast but you should expect a 20% bump in battery life. I ran 5 hours 10 min of SOT today, first day with Nougat because I wasn't too lazy to factory reset it, I could only get 3+ hours prior so if your looking for a new device do the update correctly instead of dirty flashing the new system.
I factory reset mine yesterday and now can't use anMoney, which I could after the update. So it can also cause problems.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That'd be great, let us know. After the update and no factory reset I'm having absolutely no problems that I can tell, performance is better, fingerprint scanner is faster, 3ca is so nice to have. But if I can have better battery life by a decent amount, I would do a factory reset

So it has definitely made improvement to battery life, though I can't quantify how much. I might need another 1-2 cycles for that. It might be worth it for some people, might not for others. I wouldnt say it has doubled my battery life or anything, but has made a difference for sure.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
So it has definitely made improvement to battery life, though I can't quantify how much. I might need another 1-2 cycles for that. It might be worth it for some people, might not for others. I wouldnt say it has doubled my battery life or anything, but has made a difference for sure.

Good to hear, thanks, and that'd be great, please post back with some before and after numbers (generally speaking) after a few cycles

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
of course any apps like banking apps will need to be reactivated for security reasons but this is normal
This is not tied to a bank. I've successfully added it to two Note 7's and two Note 5's, but after update to Nougat and factory reset cannot set it up. App seems to install like always, but initial set up screen where you select either a light or dark background simply closes no matter where you touch. Have tried two different apks of the pro version as well as the free version. Tried another factory reset as well. But it worked fine after the update to Nougat before I did the reset. Strange.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else do a factory reset and have better battery life after?
My wife has the Note 5. Before receiving the Nougat update, the batery life had tanked a few weeks ago and late last week the auto brightness sensor died and it would not reatate the screen. We turned it off and she was using out backup smartphone.
My first step in troubleshooting the sensor issues was to be a factory reset, but when I turned it on the Nougat update was waiting. I decided to give it a go, installed Nougat and performed a factory reset. I always perform a factor reset after an OS update, so as to have a clean install, just like I would do for Windows.
The battery life has been much better and both sensor functions returned. Going on three whole days now.

Why do you need to question why I need to?

I took the question to be out of curiosity, as opposed to accusatory.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the Note 5. Before receiving the Nougat update, the batery life had tanked a few weeks ago and late last week the auto brightness sensor died and it would not reatate the screen. We turned it off and she was using out backup smartphone.
My first step in troubleshooting the sensor issues was to be a factory reset, but when I turned it on the Nougat update was waiting. I decided to give it a go, installed Nougat and performed a factory reset. I always perform a factor reset after an OS update, so as to have a clean install, just like I would do for Windows.
The battery life has been much better and both sensor functions returned. Going on three whole days now.

I took the question to be out of curiosity, as opposed to accusatory.

My apologies, I took it wrong. I want to make sure I save my speedtests results because so many times in the past they've been deleted or lost with a factory reset. I like to save them because I can pull them all up on a map and see where I get good speeds and the like. Thankfully this time I found Helium which worked awesome, I was relieved.

And thank you for the information on your wife's phone, good to know. I'm on day one of a factory reset note 5, battery does seem slightly better, but it'll take time to see for sure.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This is not tied to a bank. I've successfully added it to two Note 7's and two Note 5's, but after update to Nougat and factory reset cannot set it up. App seems to install like always, but initial set up screen where you select either a light or dark background simply closes no matter where you touch. Have tried two different apks of the pro version as well as the free version. Tried another factory reset as well. But it worked fine after the update to Nougat before I did the reset. Strange.
Update - I finally succeeded in getting anMoney working. Only took three factory resets! Biggest problem now is hit or miss screen responsiveness unless using S-Pen.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't do a factory reset. The only problems I have are: The keyboard doesn't vibrate when on a call, and when on a call with the call screen on, the screen won't stay off.
I have never been one to care about battery life on my phone. I charge it whenever I want to. I have no desire to see how long it can go on a single charge, especially since for me, charging it is convenient.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000