Stock weather widget

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I had to factory reset my phone recently. I have everything back the way I had it except that the stock weather widget can't find my location. The phone's location settings are turned on with high accuracy. Any help?

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is. That way will always tell me the weather at my home location. I want the widget to find me when I go elsewhere.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have this setting "on"?
adedf8f637960f6a9790edca4d855bed.jpg

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I see another path before yet another FDR. And consider doing a bit more research before you go that route. I've read of folks reporting that they've had some trouble with their location services with this upgrade. There is no way to know if your issue is related. I'd troubleshoot this way.

1. Try another weather app. I've gone to Accuweather because of a different issue with widgets and third-party launchers with this OS update. It's possible that your weather app is corrupt.

2. You have to determine whether the issue is an app conflict or possibly a system setting. To find out if it's a setting out of position, reset your device settings to their factory defaults (this is NOT the same as the FDR). You'll lose any customization, but no apps or data. If you still have the same problem, then your issue is either an app or a corrupt system file. You can't use safe mode here, because widgets don't load in safe mode.

3. Isolating a rogue app without doing the FDR will be tough, unless you loaded or updated something right before your issue began. You have to dump your apps one by one, trying the widget and location services after each app is unloaded. If you wind up dumping all of your apps, then this isn't much different than a FDR and could take a lot longer. A bonus here is that since you just did a FDR, you're likely not completely finished restoring your device.

4. If you decide to do another FDR, set your phone up as a new device. If you have a bad app or setting, you could end up reloading it onto the freshly wiped phone. Then you get to start all over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay