Samsung Note 5 - Lock Screen wallpaper crashes - after Nougat update

A

AC Question

Upgraded to Nougat on my Samsung Note 5 this week.
Since then I have reset the Lock Screen wallpaper at least 10 times.
I set 15 images like I had pre-Nougat. Pre-Nougat those 15 images would change each time the phone cycled between unlocked and locked.
Now, for a while they change each time I unlock.
But at some non-specific time it craps out and the lock screen stays on one image.
Help!?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to Nougat on my Samsung Note 5 this week.
Since then I have reset the Lock Screen wallpaper at least 10 times.
I set 15 images like I had pre-Nougat. Pre-Nougat those 15 images would change each time the phone cycled between unlocked and locked.
Now, for a while they change each time I unlock.
But at some non-specific time it craps out and the lock screen stays on one image.
Help!?

Are these active wallpapers or just images? Is it possible ONE of the images is somehow corrupt which may cause the crash when it tries to cycle to that image?
I would first run a test with just one image or a solid black background, if that goes well then start adding your 10 images one at a time until it crashes. If it crashes on say the 5th image, remove that image from the cycle and add your next image and see if it happens again. Process of elimination

13Zombiebatdad31

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my note 5 (Verizon) after upgrading to nugget. I have 19-20 wallpapers I set on the lock screen and have cycled through every wallpaper by pressing the power button, no issues .And everyday I have to go back to Samsungs theme store, (which I don't have to go through the store before) select my pictures, lock screen, and select what pictures I want from there. Found out last night after midnight something resets and then only 1 of the 19 wallpapers will be on. I have looked through all my settings and can not find a solution to make it not reset every night. Any suggestions?