05-10-2017 06:43 AM
27 12
    I just got a NEW Galaxy Note 5 3 days ago, it was shipped sealed with 3 tamper labels and I am trying to install Mobileiron for my Mobile@work but I am getting warning emails saying that my device is rooted? I installed a ROOT checker and it also says the device is rooted...
    04-21-2017 12:46 PM
    Did you get it from a reputable source? If you boot into Recovery Mode, what does it say under the software state flag?
    04-21-2017 01:03 PM
    Ok in recover mode but not sure what I'm looking for, top of the screen says;

LMY47X. N920AUCU2A0J1
    04-21-2017 01:52 PM
    I'm sorry, I thought the flag was in Recovery Mode. It seems it's in Download mode (volume down instead of volume up). There's a flag that reads 'System Status'. I believe that if it reads 'Custom' or 'Modified' it means it's been rooted.
    04-21-2017 02:31 PM
    Ahh ok I'll have a look and post back!!
    04-22-2017 02:33 AM
    Is this what you are looking for?
    04-22-2017 03:26 AM
    Yup, that was it. Doesn't look like it's rooted.
    04-22-2017 04:05 PM
    I agree, it doesn't appear to be rooted.

Check SETTING/ABOUT PHONE/STATUS. Look for Phone Status. Does it say OFFICIAL? If so, then perhaps it's something with the MobileIron server. It's entirely possible that the issue is on their end and not yours. It's also possible that another app that you have loaded may be reporting that you're rooted.
    04-22-2017 04:49 PM
    Thanks for all the help!! YuP it say's "Official" when checking SETTING/ABOUT PHONE/STATUS

Only thing that is still bugs me is when I installed a root checker it says ROOTED and if I install a root hider it fails to find the files. Totally miffed with this one.......
    04-24-2017 12:58 AM
    out of curiosity, since you only had it a couple of days, have you tried to restore it using Samsung smart-switch, and using the option to do a an "emergency recovery" where it downloads the official firmware and installs that? I'm wondering if there was a glitch with the install from the factory, or if it had been rooted at some point (was it new or refurbished model?)
    04-24-2017 05:43 AM
    You could try Flashing the most current ODEN file or via recovery mode with Samsung SS (mentioned in post above) for your device, this should ensure that your phone is on a pure stock firmware (either of these should not trip the KNOX counter). If you are not familiar with with this you may want to try a local Best Buy Samsung rep (they will usually try to assist including flashing current firmware).

04-24-2017 08:50 AM
    Only thing that is still bugs me is when I installed a root checker it says ROOTED and if I install a root hider it fails to find the files. Totally miffed with this one.......
    Have you tried Samsung Phone Info from the Play Store?

04-24-2017 02:20 PM
    Well it was sealed in the box so should be NEW, looks 100% as a genuine Note5
    Downloading that now

Before I try and load a STOCK ROM is there a way to backup my current ROM as this works 100% ok in the UK on my current network provider?

800MHz(band 26) for 4G
    1800MHz(band 3) for 2G and 4G
    2100MHz(band 1) for 3G only
    2600MHz(band 7) for 4G

Here's more info in download mode for my phone:
    About device says: Model Number SM-N920F
    Current Android version: 5.1.1
    Product Name: SM-N920A
    Current Binary: Samsung Official
    System Status: Official

The only thing that concerns me is there is
    04-29-2017 11:34 AM
    I found this link, I take these are STOCK ROMs Download Galaxy Note 5 Firmware: N920CXXU3CQC7 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware available – The Android Soul

A little more info on the phone

04-29-2017 11:50 AM
    I've just tried Samsung SS and when I put my model number (SM-N920A) and Serial in it says "Unable to find serial number, model, model name, or IMEI on the server"

That don't sound good :-(
    04-29-2017 02:50 PM
    Check your USB mode on the phone. Are you in FILE TRANSFER (or the old MTP) mode?
    04-29-2017 03:18 PM
    I'm not even getting to the point where I connect the phone, the software is unable to find serial number, model, model name, or IMEI on the server..
    04-29-2017 03:43 PM
    Hmm. You're right. That doesn't sound good.

I notice that your earlier screenshot shows that the phone has Lollipop (Android V5). If the device is new, then it could have been sitting in a warehouse since fall 2015. It looks like you're using PHONE INFO. What does it show for a manufacturing date on the GENERAL tab? And are you able to see anything on the PERSONAL tab? The device ID should be there (IMEI, Samsung serial number, etc.)

Also take a look at the S/N and IMEI Analyzer tool from the menu in PHONE INFO. Tap on the boxes (MY S/N and MY IMEI), then ANALYZE. If everything is legit, the app should be able to decode them and those numbers should make sense. Those numbers should also match what shows on the box label and maybe your receipt.

If none of this information seems to be right, it's possible that you got a counterfeit device. A Samsung service center could likely tell you for sure. I'd be looking at identifying whatever recourse I had with the seller.
    04-29-2017 04:44 PM
    Yeh manufacture date is 2015.10.27

I did find this thread that is basically the same issue's I have
    SM-N920P or SM-N920F ? - GSM-Forum
    04-30-2017 12:54 AM
    Sammobile may have the official firmware.

04-30-2017 09:10 AM
    Did you get it from a reputable source?
    Did the OP ever answer this question? Seems to me the place he bought the phone from isn't very reliable.
    05-01-2017 11:39 AM
    I'd wondered as well. And I wondered about the tamper labels the OP mentioned. My brand new phone from Verizon didn't have any tamper labels. Is that how a carrier-unlocked phone ships?

I expect tamper labels on my orange juice, my toothpaste, and my pain reliever. I would not expect one on a phone.
    05-03-2017 06:52 PM
    Here's the note from the seller:

Dear Customer
    As described in our item specific, our Note 5 is USA model+Software unlocked.

We would like to inform you that an android phone divided into 2 kinds, i.e. factory unlocked and software unlocked. Factory unlocked means manufacturer allow you to use the phone in Worldwide, so you don't need to unlock the phone & can use it Worldwide, so we called this phone FACTORY unlocked. The other one is SOFTWARE unlocked, for example, a manufacturer set a region lock for a phone for USA region only. If you want to use this phone in UK but originally manufacturer set a region lock for USA region only, so we need to SOFTWARE unlocked this phone & made it can be used Worldwide. USA Samsung offer their phones at the cheapest price in USA, so many dealers purchased phones from USA & sell them to other countries. However, Samsung USA set a region lock for the phones sold in USA at cheaper prices, so the dealers need to SOFTWARE unlocked those USA phones and make them can be used Worldwide. SOFTWARE UNLOCKED also called ROOTED the phone. Please note that if you find a seller declared the phone is software unlocked, then the phone must be rooted. ebay only offer 2 options for us to describe the phone status, software unlocked or factory unlocked, so we can only described our phone is a software unlocked phone(Rooted is a short form of software unlocked).

*IMEI will change after software unlocked,as described in our item description too.

By the way, experienced user loved USA model software unlocked phones because their prices are lower but the phones have same hardware as same as factory unlocked phones. A rooted phone also allowed user to download many Apps for free, too.

Dear customer, we afraid that you're not familiar with how an USA Samsung phone works & not sure about what is software unlocked phone, so lead to the confused.If you need return for full refund, please feel free to let us know & our company responsible for all return postage cost.

------------------ Follow up email ------------------------

Dear customer,

Hello again

We are sorry for your concern but our Note 5 is 100% original from Samsung,you can access to Samsung Apps store by our phone(Samsung Apps pre-installed inside our phone menu), only genuine Samsung phone can be accessed to Samsung Apps Store.

Regarding your concern with Konx, we are sorry to inform you that Knox won't work on a software unlocked(Rooted) phone, sorry. Normally, banks/financial apps or Knox requires to work with local settings smartphones to ahcieve more security or otherwise the Apps can't work properly or even you can't install the Apps on phones came from overseas. If you need a phone work with bank Apps / Konx, we recommend you to purchase a phone directly from your sim card provider or UK Samsung instead of USA model, sorry.
    05-05-2017 01:56 AM
    I've posted the above as I've found over the past couple of weeks that there are US Note 5 phones making their way into the UK with custom firmware that is not supported by Samsung! Hence you CAN NOT flash with official firmware as this dose not exist for the Europe frequencies...
    05-05-2017 02:00 AM
    Did the OP ever answer this question? Seems to me the place he bought the phone from isn't very reliable.
    Read post 13
    05-05-2017 02:01 AM
27 12