Note 5 - Gallery has no settings

domxch

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I am using a Samsung Note 5. In gallery there is no settings button, only "MORE". I had the same issue with Photos that I was able to resolve by clearing data/cache and using a VPN to make phone think I was in the US. Then the settings button appeared. Is this a similar issue?
I tried the same procedure but still no settings button in Gallery.
I have a Note 3 and S5 and both have settings buttons...

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what setting you're looking for with the Gallery. You can change settings in Google Photos by hitting the hamburger icon on the left side. I don't see nor do I recall any settings to change in the Gallery.

domxch

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
So I'm talking about the gallery, not Google Photos - I've already fixed Google Photos which only appears to show Settings if you are in a specific country (e.g. US).
The one screen shot is from the Note 5 Gallery which just has a "MORE" button at the top right which gives access to only a few functions to select/delete photos etc...
The other is from the S5 which has the button with the 3 dots which opens a menu with "Settings" which gives access to options such as face tagging which is what I'm looking for...

Screenshot_20170422-115448.jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-22-11-55-12.jpg

domxch

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
So I'm talking about the gallery, not Google Photos - I've already fixed Google Photos which only appears to show Settings if you are in a specific country (e.g. US).
The one screen shot is from the Note 5 Gallery which just has a "MORE" button at the top right which gives access to only a few functions to select/delete photos etc...
The other is from the S5 which has the button with the 3 dots which opens a menu with "Settings" which gives access to options such as face tagging which is what I'm looking for...

View attachment 257644
View attachment 257645

domxch

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Ah I see - thanks for that. The S5 has the features but the Note 5 doesn't. Both are on Android 6.0.1 but I didn't install the latest updates on the S5 - looks like they just stripped out some features - how crazy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance