Note 5 battery discharge

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Kind of a loaded question, depending on what apps are doing actions in the background. I lose about 1-3% overnight.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I try to get out of all running browser apps and get the phone about as neutral before sleep. I also run on LTE rather than have the phone on Wi-Fi. Both signals are very good, the LTE keeps the battery usage down in the very low single digits. I also have no social media... those including FB seem to pull a lot of battery usage.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My wife's note 5 initially had amazing battery life but has gone downhill. The best thing is to uninstall non essential apps and notifications.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd wondered the same thing. I close apps at the end of the day out of habit, not by necessity. My phone charges slowly overnight on an older Qi charger (a Tylt clone) that has just a 1A charging rate. It's full and ready in the morning without dumping apps or securing features that I want to use. On the nights that I don't get the phone to the charger, I lose less than 5%.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's been random for me since the update to Nougat. On WiFi only and off charger at 100% in the morning, coming home from work some days its 95%, others its 75%. Phone sits unused but on the entire time. Have checked Battery utilization, but no apparent culprit(s). Cache wipe after the update.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine will almost form a straight line on the battery usage graph when not being used. It will drain very little UNLESS there is an app that hasn't stopped running properly and then, that app will drain the battery, sometimes 30-40% in just a few hours.

I've pulled my Note 5 off the charger before just before I left for work and left the phone at home. When I come back, the battery % is at 98% or so eight hrs later.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I lose about 30% overnight if I don't get it on the charger at home, and less than 5% if I leave it alone on my desk the nights that I work.
The huge difference is the fact that LTE at work is solid coverage. At home I have spotty, if any, coverage, and rely on wifi (kept on while phone sleeps) always active for wifi-calling.
If I remember to put it on airplane mode with wifi on, It loses 10-15% overnight. Of course, if I just turn it off before I go to sleep, I get to sleep in (it's my alarm after all), but loses 0-1% overnight and most of the morning :p

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Geez! What am I doing wrong? If I don't have at least 60 percent when I go to bed it's dead by morning (7 hrs later)!!

Update: found out (from another thread) that replacing default launcher with another one (I am now using Nova Launcher) dramatically increases the battery time.
I went from 7 hours to 14 house on one charge!

Update 2: I just forced the Nougat update (smart Switch) and did a factory reset a couple of days ago and it's incredible the difference it made to my battery life!
I started the day at 7:30am at a 100% and went to bed at 10:30pm that night and my battery was a 60%!! I couldn't believe it!
I would still recommend using the Nova Launcher instead of the default launcher.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle