Aggravated by 7.0......white everywhere.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got the new update last night for my note 5. First thing I notice is the notification screen is too white and text is too small and annoying. Didn't have much time to play with it last night so I've been doing that today. I found out the theme that I love is not overly compatible so the hunt was on for a new one. Seems there aren't too many freebies that work very well. So I found one that's not too bad but the email section is all white the notifications are still white what's with all that? Oh yeah the email what the heck did they do to that? Too many steps now to permanently empty the trash. Don't care for the email at all. Oh my calendar ugh. I had to add the Google calendar app and that's better at least I can read things. The stock calendar app is hard to read with the background on the new theme I addedd. I tried so many themes. I did go in and enlarge my font larger and I have them on bold one anyways. It helps slightly. I'm not sure I like the layout of all the settings. Anyone else find a solution and a better way to use this thing? Thanks

Just noticed the typo and in my thread question it won't let me edit it...oops...

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I use a theme and a third-party launcher, and the only thing that I haven't been able to make darker is the notifications shade.

Regarding your difficulty with the new settings, you may be able to switch back to the older settings layout if your carrier allows it. In SETTINGS, look for the three-dot menu on the upper right corner. Look for something that says SIMPLIFIED LIST or STANDARD LIST. Choose it and see which style you like.

Screenshot_20170428-191234.jpg Screenshot_20170428-191245.jpg

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
This use of white is driving me crazy. One would assume that Google is getting the message and will eventually offer some different themes. Otherwise Nougat is a big nothing on my Verizon Note 5. And I'm waiting for the next iteration of the Note line.

AC321

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Marshmallow, you could see what apps were giving you notifications instantly because of the large app icon that wasn't in a "sea of white." Now you have to look a couple times, or look more closely to see which apps are giving you notifications. Ridiculous. Wish I could change it back.

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Use material dark theme with samsung icons. I am loving nougat. Its damn smooth and awesome.
Where did you get Material Dark theme?
I looked in Settings/ Wallpaper Theme Icons ....
Just want various Settings category backgrounds to be Black

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For me, I just look for dark themes and change the icons. My only gripe is you can't change the notification menu

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Look for themes in the Galaxy Apps app on the phone.

Thanks. I Updated Galaxy Apps, Parked the Icon next to Weather Channel, and it Disappeared.
I DID discover via Settings/Themes & Installed sd-Black, and can testify that it IS black and Free.
Changed back to Default Icons which are Bigger & more Colorful (in my case).

Last edited:

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear it. Now if only Samsung would unlock the ability to allow themers to change the color of the notification shade...

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Good to hear it. Now if only Samsung would unlock the ability to allow themers to change the color of the notification shade...

As it turned out ..... your screen pic up above shows Very Bright White Letters at about 30% Brightness yet my Home Pg 4 Dots Disappeared when set at the same Brightness and letters were Too faint for my taste. Brightness Eats My Battery Big Time so I had to change back.

Will keep looking but at least I'm learning more about this phone. Black on white is a little boring but I CAN read things well. All the Best!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt