I hate it too, and it upset my Bluetooth setting as well, I really need to reverse this damn update a.s.a.p, please help
    05-02-2017 12:58 AM
    No matter the bugs is better to Stay with your Upgraded version
    Nougat for the case: Try on either of these 2-Methods at your own risk
    even if downgraded the update to "N" will be pushed again

1) How to Downgrade from Android 7.0 Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0.1 – The Android Soul
    2) How to Downgrade Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 6.0 Marshmallow? - EaseUS

Attention: To be able to reply - Subscribe to ACentral.com : Just click [Create an account]
    05-02-2017 05:49 AM
    Yes, the Nougat update will continue being pushed to the device. You can always downgrade to a rooted Marshmallow version depending upon your carrier version, which will then prevent any updates from being pushed to the phone. I have a T-Mobile Note 5, rooted on MM and have not gotten any updates in 6 months.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:12 AM
    Yes, the Nougat update will continue being pushed to the device. You can always downgrade to a rooted Marshmallow version depending upon your carrier version, which will then prevent any updates from being pushed to the phone. I have a T-Mobile Note 5, rooted on MM and have not gotten any updates in 6 months.
    A lot of those updates are security patches. I have confidential items and accounts on my phone, so I like to get those.
    05-02-2017 06:35 AM
    A lot of those updates are security patches. I have confidential items and accounts on my phone, so I like to get those.
    I understand. If you do downgrade though, you will still get prompted to install the Nougat update all over again. No way to stop that without rooting.
    05-02-2017 06:37 AM
    I understand. If you do downgrade though, you will still get prompted to install the Nougat update all over again. No way to stop that without rooting.
    You said you haven't received any updates. Do you mean software not security updates?
    05-02-2017 06:45 AM
    You said you haven't received any updates. Do you mean software not security updates?
    My Note 5 is on the November 1 security update. There are more current rooted ROMs out there, I just haven't checked because I found a very stable version that finally for the most part, allows me 2.5-3 hrs screen time a day. That's a huge improvement over what it was on stock firmware when I would get 30 minutes to an hour if I was lucky.

I'm not worried about security so much. I never use wifi and I don't keep anything that important on my phone anyway.
    05-02-2017 06:50 AM