My carrier is shoving the destructo Nougat 7.0 update to my beloved Note 5. I've managed to postpone but it's getting really aggressive. No way to turn off notifications. I am reading that it truly destroys the Note 5. I love my phone, I do not need or want to "upgrade" to a curved screen $800 phone but am terrified that within days this update will happen with no more option to postpone!
    Spent 3 hours on the line with Tmobile...to be told badically..yes this is true..and you have to buy a new ph!!
    Anybody have any experience with this on the Note 5? I am furious. Why can't they just leave our phones alone?
    05-02-2017 04:52 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile. Not destroyed. On my second day. I didn't even do a factory reset.

A few have had it even longer then me.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-t-mobile.html

If you're reading the posts here, most forums are negative with problems. Those with good experiences just go about their day.
    Ry likes this.
    05-02-2017 05:39 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile. Not destroyed. On my second day. I didn't even do a factory reset.

A few have had it even longer then me.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-t-mobile.html

If you're reading the posts here, most forums are negative with problems. Those with good experiences just go about their day.
    Not a hugh fan of Nougat but you're right.
    jlost likes this.
    05-02-2017 05:49 PM
    Mine updated just fine.
    05-02-2017 07:55 PM
    I like all the new changes except the teeny icons on the notification drop down screen. Hoping they update that in the near future but it's not the most used thing on the phone for me so it's no big deal. I actually spent hours doing a factory reset several days after I did the update. It fixed one problem and runs even better so it was worth the time. Don't be afraid of an update. I have T-Mobile as well and the phone works great!
    debdroid1a likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:32 PM
    only issue I had was with fast charging. After factory reset it fixed. Very smooth and fast than with marshmallow. I like it now much better.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    05-03-2017 08:19 PM