My wife's T-Mobile Note5 updated to Nougat last night, and she discovered later this morning that the numerous text shortcuts she had created in the Samsung Keyboard have disappeared. I can find the option for text shortcuts, but the list is empty. I'm not sure if she had it set to sync with her Samsung Cloud, but regardless, this kind of thing shouldn't get wiped out with a system update. Come on, Samuel Sung!

She also noted intermittent difficulties making voice calls, where it would just drop out before even ringing, but it's hard to know if that was more of a network issue.

Wiped the cache partition, and we'll see if more issues surface.
    05-02-2017 10:43 PM
    My wife's T-Mobile Note5 updated to Nougat last night, and she discovered later this morning that the numerous text shortcuts she had created in the Samsung Keyboard have disappeared. I can find the option for text shortcuts, but the list is empty. I'm not sure if she had it set to sync with her Samsung Cloud, but regardless, this kind of thing shouldn't get wiped out with a system update. Come on, Samuel Sung!

She also noted intermittent difficulties making voice calls, where it would just drop out before even ringing, but it's hard to know if that was more of a network issue.

Wiped the cache partition, and we'll see if more issues surface.
    Hey... honestly don't remember if mine disappeared with the upgrade to 7.0 though recently twice whether texting or emailing I noticed my text shortcuts were gone as well using the OEM keyboard, messaging, and email apps! Hmm. (Note5 VZW)
    Also when reassigned my shortcuts it doesn't "complete" it shows me in the predictive area below the typing and I have to choose the replacement from there. WTH?
    Is that happening for her too? Peace
    05-04-2017 12:22 AM
    Are you saying that your text shortcuts disappeared, but then reappeared later? You mentioned that you noticed this twice.

I don't think she had any problems with the text shortcuts working properly once she entered them all back in again.
    05-04-2017 01:25 AM
    Are you saying that your text shortcuts disappeared, but then reappeared later? You mentioned that you noticed this twice.

I don't think she had any problems with the text shortcuts working properly once she entered them all back in again.
    No they simply disappeared 2x! I added them back 2x. And they're not performing as they first did with auto replacement either!
    05-05-2017 02:53 AM
    I am having the same problem when I updated to nougat. I also have a Note 5. I use my phone for work and get signatures and it's frustrating because I delivered to the same people daily and I used to just put their first initial and it gives me a list of their last names as commonly used words. I was hoping after a couple weeks after the update the keyboard would start remembering but for some reason it is not. I've been searching daily and this is the closest Post I've come across. Hopes only figures a workaround or an update gets sent out soon.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-12-2017 04:46 AM
    The shortcuts never came back, as far as my wife can figure. She had to reenter all of her shortcuts manually.
    05-13-2017 03:26 PM
    I can't even find my text shortcut options..ughhh i also had a phone call connecting for longer than usual then just closed. Had to redial. Please help where can I now find shortcuts to reprogram? Also my text library isn't remembering anything anymore
    05-24-2017 10:35 PM
    I lost mine too after update. I ended up upgrading to the s8 try looking
    settings
    General management
    Language input
    On screen keyboard
    Samsung keyboard
    Predictive text
    Text shortcuts YIPPPEEE!
    06-06-2017 01:04 AM
    settings
    General management
    Language input
    On screen keyboard
    Samsung keyboard
    Predictive text
    Text shortcuts YIPPPEEE!
    06-06-2017 01:06 AM
    settings
    General management
    Language input
    On screen keyboard
    Samsung keyboard
    Predictive text
    Text shortcuts YIPPPEEE!
    Hope this works
    06-06-2017 01:06 AM
    Yes my shortcuts disappeared as well. I was very disappointed.
    06-06-2017 10:10 PM