Hi there,

Since the latest update, I have had problems with the predictive text feature almost re-writing my whole messages. Lol.

I read in this forum that it's worth trying Nova Launcher with this new update , and I must say I prefer it to Touchwiz. So customizable and user-friendly! But I haven't been able to figure out how to modify the text settings. Can anyone help? This is probably something that has already been addressed in a thread, so I apologize for repetition.

And just as a side note, from the threads I have read about this update, it seems I'm one of the few who actually like it. There's a couple minor annoying little things, but overall it offers great new options.

Thanks for your help!
    05-14-2017 09:57 AM
    Not a Nova user, but to answer your first statement, predictive text is controlled by the keyboard you're using, not the launcher. You can modify this behavior in your KB settings.
    Hope that helps.
    BellaGee likes this.
    05-14-2017 10:27 AM
    It does help, thanks! It just took me a while to realize I had to be in the email keyboard to access the settings... I was trying in the SMS keyboard and the settings icon doesn't show in it anymore. Feel a little silly that I hadn't figured that out before.
    Thanks for the reply!
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    05-14-2017 01:23 PM
    I will have to find the link but actually I downloaded the TouchWiz launcher for the S8 to my Note and have not gone back to my Nova Launcher. It has the feature of launcher the apps draw by swiping up on the screen and hiding the app draw along with a few other nuances that honestly are fairly neat.
    To the text issues I play it up to my screen some how being more sensitive. Since the update ive noticed the same issues with autocorrect issues and words not being spelled correctly and so on. I haven't figured out a way to fix this
    05-15-2017 09:01 AM
    I will have to find the link but actually I downloaded the TouchWiz launcher for the S8 to my Note and have not gone back to my Nova Launcher. It has the feature of launcher the apps draw by swiping up on the screen and hiding the app draw along with a few other nuances that honestly are fairly neat.
    To the text issues I play it up to my screen some how being more sensitive. Since the update ive noticed the same issues with autocorrect issues and words not being spelled correctly and so on. I haven't figured out a way to fix this
    Where to download S8 launcher? Can you please point to it. Too many options in play store.
    05-15-2017 03:03 PM