Would you change N5 to Refurbished Galaxy Note 7...?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I'd consider it if the device becomes available in the US. Of course, I wouldn't preorder though -- let someone else go first.

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
No way. This phone should have been left resting in peace. I've moved on to S8 Plus and waiting for note 8. S8 Plus is an amazing phone by the way. Loving every minute of it.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Personally, no.

Didn't think the Note 7 was enough of an upgrade to warrant it; but in saying that, if they had been ok and dropped in price here i the UK, I know I will have had a sniff around one eventually haha

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the Note 8 though. But, if it's another curved screen, that's me out as no one makes a decent screen protector for phones with curved screens that can then be used in a case!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, no.

Didn't think the Note 7 was enough of an upgrade to warrant it; but in saying that, if they had been ok and dropped in price here i the UK, I know I will have had a sniff around one eventually haha

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the Note 8 though. But, if it's another curved screen, that's me out as no one makes a decent screen protector for phones with curved screens that can then be used in a case!
Well they are making it with a curved screen. Lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have S8 Plus. Curves are hardly noticeable and who really needs a screen protector? Been using the phone since it came out. Have Spigen Rugged Armor when out and about and no case at home and work. Also have dbrand skin on the back. That's a must to prevent back wear and tear when used with no case.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have S8 Plus. Curves are hardly noticeable and who really needs a screen protector? Been using the phone since it came out. Have Spigen Rugged Armor when out and about and no case at home and work. Also have dbrand skin on the back. That's a must to prevent back wear and tear when used with no case.
How slippery is it? I know the Note 5 is so slippery.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I've come back to a Note 5 from the S8 Plus due to the screen being easily scratched, even though I baby my phones and I'm very careful with them/always in a case etc and never in my pockets...

The curved screens are great; but if they're that easy to scratch, it's a major issue IMO!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I've come back to a Note 5 from the S8 Plus due to the screen being easily scratched, even though I baby my phones and I'm very careful with them/always in a case etc and never in my pockets...

The curved screens are great; but if they're that easy to scratch, it's a major issue IMO!
Sorry I have to disagree. Screen as good as note 5 and S7 Edge of not better. I have had note 5 and moved from S7 Edge to S8 Plus. Nothing from my usual day to day use proves to me that S8 Plus screen is a lemon. In fact, my experience has been the exact opposite. My S7 Edge scratch on week 2 if having it.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I have to disagree. Screen as good as note 5 and S7 Edge of not better. I have had note 5 and moved from S7 Edge to S8 Plus. Nothing from my usual day to day use proves to me that S8 Plus screen is a lemon. In fact, my experience has been the exact opposite. My S7 Edge scratch on week 2 if having it.

It's horses for courses IMO

Some people will manage to never scratch their screen, others will do it, like myself, without ever knowing how...

For me, it was once bitten, twice shy etc.. The Note 5 is a phone I've always loved and wish I'd never moved on from, so it was a no brainer to step back into its ownership :D

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
It's horses for courses IMO

Some people will manage to never scratch their screen, others will do it, like myself, without ever knowing how...

For me, it was once bitten, twice shy etc.. The Note 5 is a phone I've always loved and wish I'd never moved on from, so it was a no brainer to step back into its ownership :D
I have to agree, loved my note 5 as well. Just curious, are you going to upgrade to Note 8. I am, will hand over S8 Plus to AT&T and Next to Note 8. The AT&T Next Program is another reason I worry less about screen scratches. I will always be able to Next to the next phone as long as the phone is not damaged or with broken screen :)

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, loved my note 5 as well. Just curious, are you going to upgrade to Note 8. I am, will hand over S8 Plus to AT&T and Next to Note 8. The AT&T Next Program is another reason I worry less about screen scratches. I will always be able to Next to the next phone as long as the phone is not damaged or with broken screen :)
How much do you need to have paid off?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I'll have to see what it's like when it's actually released and not just go off the specs

Plus, I'm in the UK, so we don't get anything like the AT%T deal you seem to have

I always buy my handsets outright too; don't like paying through the nose on a contract etc

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
How much do you need to have paid off?
Phone price is divided into 24 payments on AT&T Next plan. No contract, you can upgrade as soon as you have half the phone paid off. So basically, instead of having to sell your phone in the market after one year of use, you can give it to AT&T and Jump to the next generation phone.

It's a much better deal that having to worry about keeping your phone brand new so you are able to see it for half what you bought it for a year ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12