Note 5 sensors not working shortly after restart

William Helbing

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 for about a year now, it works great. But recently my luxury sensors seems to randomly stop working period. Ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, O2/heartbeat sensor, and my gyroscope.

I have done a hard reset, software reset, and they work for a few minutes then stop working. They actually work very well but then randomly stop working.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The first thing to ask is what changed? You said that you did a hard reset and a software reset. I'm not familiar with the resets that you describe. The normal progression in troubleshooting a software issue on Android is to clear the app and system cache memory, then a factory data reset (FDR).

Clearing the app and system cache memory is like dumping your Windows TEMP files and rebooting your PC, and is often the fix for an app hanging or otherwise messing with your device. You don't lose any data with clearing the app and system caches.

The FDR wipes all of the data and settings from your device and leaves it as though you just took it from the box. This is the next level of troubleshooting, and is normally the fix when you have an OS issue (like corrupt system files) or multiple or unlocated bad apps. Make sure to create a backup of your photos, music, documents, etc.

One more thing: when you set up your phone after the FDR, resist the temptation to restore your apps and such from the cloud backup. It restores settings as well, and you don't want to reload potentially bad data or apps back onto your clean phone. Then you're right back where you started.

Ugochukwu Lambert

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
My sensors worked perfectly, but my battery died a certain time couldn't charge was shoeing the note 5 icon trying to power up when I plugged it in then blinked a blue screen, then it stopped and was constantly vibrating soon my phone came on when I tapped or pressed the power button 3x and saw android starting, when charged I saw my phone had done the fdr automatically and I setup my phone without restoring cloud uploads then I wanted to play a racing game and saw my gyro sensors doesn't work, my heartbeat sensor wasn't also with proximity sensors, till now I haven't seen a fix solution and don't want to perform a fdr

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My sensors worked perfectly, but my battery died a certain time couldn't charge was shoeing the note 5 icon trying to power up when I plugged it in then blinked a blue screen, then it stopped and was constantly vibrating soon my phone came on when I tapped or pressed the power button 3x and saw android starting, when charged I saw my phone had done the fdr automatically and I setup my phone without restoring cloud uploads then I wanted to play a racing game and saw my gyro sensors doesn't work, my heartbeat sensor wasn't also with proximity sensors, till now I haven't seen a fix solution and don't want to perform a fdr
Welcome to AC!
Try do testing in safe mode but you wont have access to 3rd party apps in that mode .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey